bodhot is offline New Member

looking for a Diet and Workout plan(pics)

Not the best shape ive ever been in but i am determined to get back into shape. My ultimate goal is to gain increased strength, endurance, physique and at least a healthy 20 pounds by August 15th for university football.

My stats are: 19 years old, 5'10, 160 pounds.

One of my biggest problems that i think is my diet and lack of knowledge on what a good meal/snack plan would me for myself. And another problem is which excersises i should be doing and when i should be doing them.

I dont work or have school so i dont really have any obstacles between now and my goal date that would interrupt my goal. So i defiantly have the time.

I would greatly appreciate any and all input from members and veterans. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails looking for a Diet and Workout plan(pics)-apr25.jpg   looking for a Diet and Workout plan(pics)-apr25_2.jpg   looking for a Diet and Workout plan(pics)-apr25_3.jpg   looking for a Diet and Workout plan(pics)-apr25_4.jpg  

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    Hey there, before I start, I just want to say that I think it's good advice to research into nutrition, I've been reading and researching nutrition for the past year and its quite interesting the things you learn. Usually it starts with a question, such as "what does vitamin A do for the body", I search online, I find out, only takes 5 mins to search and find answers and you can learn a lot.

Anyways, you havent posted up what your eating now, you should give us the details...how much protein, carbs, fat, calories you eat per day...and I'm presuming your wanting to bulk.

I'd recommend 240g protein, to workout your protein your meant to take your bodyweight 160lbs and times it by 1.5 so thats 240g protein for you. And then most people do a split such as 40/45/15 which is protein/carbs/fat so you could have a setup like 240g protein/200g carbs/80g fat - 3000 calories....probably not 100% accurate, but you get the picture.

At the end of the day, if you want to bulk, you have to eat like an animal, most people eat every 2 and a half to 3 hours each day, and consume 8 meals a day, this keeps the metabolism going all day long.

Also the most important meal for a bodybuilder is the PWO meal, the meal you consume straight after your workout. Some people would recommend a protein shake within 30 mins of finishing your weight training, I'd recommend you start sipping it 5 mins before you finish and have it totally drunk by 5 mins after finishing your workout.

Also it's best to have a whey protein shake with 2 scoops and 1 or 2 scoops of dextrose, dextrose is the simple sugar that produces an insulin spike which helps the amino acids get to the cells in your muscles extremely fast.

Good sources of protein are chicken/egg whites/whey, good sources of carbs are oats/sweet potatoes/brown rice/brown pasta.

Also to gain muscle, it takes time, they say that begginers in the first year gain muscle quite fast, but after that it slows down, and you'd only gain around 13 pounds of muscle a year without steroids .

Hope that helps.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    A problem with the above is that protein requirements should be based upon LBM not bodyweight, you are sitting at 20% bf, give or take, adding 20 lbs with the above diet while you are close to 20% bf will make you more fat and not better for football, or most any other sport for that matter. Plus that protein ratio has not been proven, and if you aren't weight training with intensity diet won't fix a thing for you to accomplish your goal. Keep your calories around 2000 per day, lift hard and heavy, 200g protein/200g carbs/45g fats is a 40/40/20 split at 2000 cals. Should give you a clean bulk for a month, if you hit the weights hard with super intensity!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    ^ ^ generally good advice, with the exception of a couple blanket statements that don't apply to everyone.

As he said, post up your current diet so we can see what you're eating. I'm quite sure you're not eating enough, and probably poor quality as well. Include time of day for each meal, where your workout fits into the schedule, and complete/accurate macros for each meal (not going to get much help without these, so don't skip this part no matter how annoying it is). We'll help you sort it out.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    As for the workout advice your frame is in desperate need of deadlifts and deep squats and heavy pressing movements.

Thanks for all the advice. And my current diet fluctuates alot with some days i eat a lot and with a lot of days i dont eat enough.
    Most of what i eat is crap because over the years i didnt really have to worry about being fat in that i was always skinny no matter
    what i eat. so basically a lot of fast food and homemade Italian food like bolognese spaghetti, lasagna i just had this week and pizza.
    So yeah im either not eating very good food at all or not eating enough of anything somedays.

I am planning to set up a diet for myself that has me eating as many times as possible a day (so 6+). that involves me getting all the proper nutrition every meal/snack.
    Also i plan to workout atleast once a day for atleast a hour.

BUMP

And also here is a rough draft of a diet i made up tell me what i should adjust.

protein/carbs/fats

so say 210/210/48

so per meal 35/35/8

8:00-wake up

8:30-

11:15-

12:15**workout

2:00-

4:45-

7:30-

10:15-

11:00-bed

- 250g egg white - 250g instant oats - 2g cinnamon

- 27g/2g/0g - 6g/33g/4g - 0g/2g/0g

- 100g chicken breast - 127g brown rice - 28g almonds

- 31g/0g/4g - 3g/30g/1g - 6g/6g/14g -

****workout

- 33g whey(1 scoop) - some kind of sucrose/dextrose

- 25g/2g/2g - not sure how much

- 100g chicken breast - 32g fat free mayo(2tbsp) - 112g whole wheat toast(4 slices)

- 31g/0g/4g - 0g/4g/0g - 16g/48g/2g

- 100g tuna - 56g whole wheat toast - 16g fat free mayo(1 tbsp) - 100g Broccoli -

- 26g/0g/1g - 8g/24g/2g - 0g/2g/0g - 3g/7g/0g

- 50g Whey(1 1/2 scoops) - salad - maybe some balsamic vinegar

- 35g/2g/2g

I look at other diets posted on the forum and see that most of them have very little toast compared to mine. since i am ectomorph i thought this would be acceptable for my body type. Is this going to be a problem? should i change this? Also how much "sucrose/dextrose" do I need after a work out?
    Any other suggestions about this diet?

And also on top of the advice to do dead lifts, deep squats and heavy pressing movements is there any more suggestions?

Wow workout was so intense today that i puked.

Also i have another question. I have been considering adding creatine to my diet so my question is how much should i add and is there certain times of the day that it is optimal to consume?

And should i not take it until closer to august 15 or should i take it right away?

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhot View Post
    Wow workout was so intense today that i puked.

Also i have another question. I have been considering adding creatine to my diet so my question is how much should i add and is there certain times of the day that it is optimal to consume?

And should i not take it until closer to august 15 or should i take it right away?
    you can start taking it right away, studies show that it doesn't matter when you take it(time of day or in relation to workouts) You do not need a "loading phase" 1 tbsp per day, taken with water is fine. Don't buy the flavored kind, get pure creatine, doesn't matter if it's monohydrate or what, very negligible difference, despite what various brands will try to sell you on. I prefer to put the tablespoon in my mouth and just wash it down with water, no waste this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    you can start taking it right away, studies show that it doesn't matter when you take it(time of day or in relation to workouts) You do not need a "loading phase" 1 tbsp per day, taken with water is fine. Don't buy the flavored kind, get pure creatine, doesn't matter if it's monohydrate or what, very negligible difference, despite what various brands will try to sell you on. I prefer to put the tablespoon in my mouth and just wash it down with water, no waste this way.
    thank you. What do you think of the diet i posted?

Thread Information