umber100 is offline New Member

Question How many calories while on a test prop cycle?

hey guys, gonna eventually run a 8 week test prop cycle, 100mg eod and im wondering how many calories i should be taking in. im currently taking on 3000 cals but my goal is to put on minimal fat whilst on cycle so any suggestions.

if you guys can also give input on macros that would be great. planning on doing the 40/40/20 carbs/protein/fat spread but in terms of grams how much is optimal?

basically i want the optimal caloric/macro intake

stats : 23yrs old, 6'1 185lbs around 14-15 % bodyfat

thanks.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Just my observations from your post:

1) you're a tad young to run gear

2) at 6'1 185lbs and 14-15% bf, you've gotta be pretty skinny. I'm 5'11 195-ish with 14% BF (maybe even 15% now, FML!!) and I think i'm pretty skinny. Do you have pics?

3) at 14-15% bf, it's a bit on the high side to run a bulk type cycle. I ran a cycle last year at 15% and regretted the sh!t out of it

4) Do you have any cycle history? If not, why test p?

How are you currently doing on 3000 calories? 3000-ish is probably right around where you wanna be, just based on your stats.

Post up your diet and we'll help you sort it. You're going to do what you want, but i'd advise against a cycle right now.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Just my observations from your post:

1) you're a tad young to run gear

2) at 6'1 185lbs and 14-15% bf, you've gotta be pretty skinny. I'm 5'11 195-ish with 14% BF (maybe even 15% now, FML!!) and I think i'm pretty skinny. Do you have pics?

3) at 14-15% bf, it's a bit on the high side to run a bulk type cycle. I ran a cycle last year at 15% and regretted the sh!t out of it

4) Do you have any cycle history? If not, why test p?

How are you currently doing on 3000 calories? 3000-ish is probably right around where you wanna be, just based on your stats.

Post up your diet and we'll help you sort it. You're going to do what you want, but i'd advise against a cycle right now.
    young?really? doesnt the endocrine system stop developing at 21. regarding bf of course i wont run whislt at 14%bf. planning0on keto or carb cycling ~2-3 weeks before starting. right now im planning everything out.

as im natural atm, i dont care about putting fat on. so i make sure to eat 5-6 meals a day consisting of food like chicken,cottage cheese,beef,fish,tuna,bacon,pork,almonds,milk,pean ut butter, bananas,oats,veggies,steak etc. def meeting cals but not counting to at tee

of course, its gona be completely different on cycle. im planning on making a strict, detailed meal plan and following it religiously which is why i wana nail it in terms of cals/macros

i choose test prop b/c less time on and min.bloat plus most recommend a test only cycle for starters. not attracted to orals

Quote Originally Posted by umber100 View Post
    young?really? doesnt the endocrine system stop developing at 21.
    Later for some. 25 is what's generally accepted as being old enough. You're not far off obviously, but this is your life and your body, not something worth risking even a small chance on IMO. If you don't know what you're doing you can fvck yourself up for sure

regarding bf of course i wont run whislt at 14%bf. planning0on keto or carb cycling ~2-3 weeks before starting. right now im planning everything out.
    I personally wouldn't cycle above 10%. I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish in 2-3 weeks in terms of fat loss. Better plan for 2-3 months if you want to see anything appreciable

as im natural atm, i dont care about putting fat on. so i make sure to eat 5-6 meals a day consisting of food like chicken,cottage cheese,beef,fish,tuna,bacon,pork,almonds,milk,pean ut butter, bananas,oats,veggies,steak etc. def meeting cals but not counting to at tee
    Not sure what being natural has to do with bodyfat. Also don't understand why you wouldn't care - I mean, if you can avoid it, wouldn't you want to? It would be a shame to make nice LBM gains that you can't see

of course, its gona be completely different on cycle. im planning on making a strict, detailed meal plan and following it religiously which is why i wana nail it in terms of cals/macros
    Ahh, I see what you're saying. Well, like I said above, I think 3000 is a very good starting point for you. If you can increase by 200-300 calories and don't notice BF gains, do so. I wouldn't worry as much about macro split as overall calories. That said, i'd aim for something more like 40/45/15. Keep carbs higher than protein, keep fats relatively low.

i choose test prop b/c less time on and min.bloat plus most recommend a test only cycle for starters. not attracted to orals
    I don't want to make recommendations as you know i'm not keen on the idea, but I do agree with the test only for your first run. I was just curious as to why prop, I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Later for some. 25 is what's generally accepted as being old enough. You're not far off obviously, but this is your life and your body, not something worth risking even a small chance on IMO. If you don't know what you're doing you can fvck yourself up for sure

I personally wouldn't cycle above 10%. I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish in 2-3 weeks in terms of fat loss. Better plan for 2-3 months if you want to see anything appreciable

Not sure what being natural has to do with bodyfat. Also don't understand why you wouldn't care - I mean, if you can avoid it, wouldn't you want to? It would be a shame to make nice LBM gains that you can't see

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Well, like I said above, I think 3000 is a very good starting point for you. If you can increase by 200-300 calories and don't notice BF gains, do so. I wouldn't worry as much about macro split as overall calories. That said, i'd aim for something more like 40/45/15. Keep carbs higher than protein, keep fats relatively low.

I don't want to make recommendations as you know i'm not keen on the idea, but I do agree with the test only for your first run. I was just curious as to why prop, I get it now.
    hey man really appreciate the advice. ok so ill hold of the cycle for a couple of months and consistently run a cut to get down. it'll also get me in the habit of properly following a set diet too so thats a bonus. Last question, over all would you recommend start at 3k and raise if no bf is gained OR start at, say, 4k then lower if bf is gained. thanks for the macro advice too

^ ^ good idea man, I think you'll benefit from taking a step back and doing this in a better thought out manner. Yea, properly following a diet is something you DEFINITELY want to have in check. I wouldn't even consider a cycle without having my diet in check. Gear + a crap diet = no gains.

I'd definitely recommend 3000 to start, and adjust up if necessary. Chances are you WILL have to adjust until you're really dialed in to your sweet spot. If you start at 4k and put on bodyfat, it will be annoying to have to deal with it later, and the added bodyfat might fvck with your head.

Good luck, keep us posted!

Thread Information