Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gbrice75

Thread: Eggs?

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member

Eggs?

Here is an article a ran across, some of the high lights anyway. Let me know your opinion

Eat The Whole Egg

"This is a perfect example of how confused most people are about nutrition. In a world full of misinformation about nutrition, somehow most people now mistakenly think that the egg yolk is the worst part of the egg, when in fact, the YOLK IS THE HEALTHIEST PART OF THE EGG!"

“By throwing out the yolk and only eating egg whites, you’re essentially throwing out the most nutrient dense, antioxidant-rich, vitamin and mineral loaded portion of the egg. The yolks contain so many B-vitamins, trace minerals, vitamin A, folate, choline, lutein, and other powerful nutrients… it’s not even worth trying to list them all.

“In fact, the egg whites are almost devoid of nutrition compared to the yolks.

“Even the protein in egg whites isn’t as powerful without the yolks to balance out the amino acid profile and make the protein more bio-available. Not to even mention that the egg yolks from free range chickens are loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids.

“Yolks contain more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and panthothenic acid of the egg. In addition, the yolks contain ALL of the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K in the egg, as well as ALL of the essential fatty acids (EFAs).”

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Yeah yolks are good, it's just a matter of whether or not you can fit their high fat content into your macros.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Interesting...
    I dont think people throw out the yolk thinking it is BAD but more because if you are having 10 eggs in the morning, 10 egg yolks (approx 50-55g fat) would be way too much fat in 1 sitting IMO.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I always have at least one yolk with my egg whites. The yolk has all the minerals, zinc, copper, etc

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I always stress some yolks with any egg meal. As stated, they are full of nutrients. The issue is the ratio of fat to protein in whole eggs is alarmingly high, and most people can't afford the amount of fat that comes with an adequate serving of eggs as a protein source.
    Old Duffer likes this.

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    i have recently been eating 5 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, and a half cup of oats in the morning for breakfast. macro breakdown turns out to 0/20/0 for the egg whites, 1/12/14 for the whole eggs, and 24/5/3 for the oats. total 25/37/17. really fuels me up in the morning, so some whole eggs are good and mixing with egg whites is a great way to get needed proteins and healthy fats.

Oliver47 is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys, do you have egg cookers like these ones https://www.cookwared.com/reviews/best-egg-cooker/ ? I know many may not see any value in them over a pan of boiling water and a egg timer, but I want one. So, if anyone has any suggestions as to which is a good one, I would welcome it.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I only eat whole eggs now. 6-10 at s time. I’m leaner than ever.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver47 View Post
    Hey guys, do you have egg cookers like these ones https://www.cookwared.com/reviews/best-egg-cooker/ ? I know many may not see any value in them over a pan of boiling water and a egg timer, but I want one. So, if anyone has any suggestions as to which is a good one, I would welcome it.
    You can bake hard boiled eggs.

Get muffin or cupcake pan, line with cupcake wrappers bake @ 350 for 30 min.

When done put in cold water to cool

Thread Information