optimum protein shake with water

Meal 5.... 5:30
    ground turkey breast w/ broccoli and romaine lettuce w/light ranch

meal 6.....7:00
    optimum protein shake w/water

post workout
    ground turkey

This is roughly 275g pro....200-220 g of carbs 60g fat
    I am doing cardio 4 times a week low impact walking on an incline for 30 min and I lift 5 days a week....one body part a day
    I am also going to carb up every 6-7 day with like 300-350 and every week cut carbs slightly depending on whats going on...any tips or suggestions appreciated....I know I
    need to add in some post workout sugars as well..im 6'0 239 lbs right now

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    thats a ton of carbs for a traditional cutting diet.

seems like a good builder diet, if your lifting is on you would gain with this.

BUMP to bros for more input but i say you will be fighting your diet if your trying to lose body fat.

what is your body fat %?

bones93 is offline Junior Member
    Im at 20% right now....I didnt want to cut carbs too drastically at the beginning and shock my body....you think I should lower it to maybe 150 or lower even?....been on it for almost 2 weeks and I plan on taking BF every 2 weeks....My lifting is pretty solid...Any help appreciated...
    Thanks

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Lower them slowly and I'd replace those potatoes with some rice or oats. Just my .02.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i'm gonna have to agree with tex...find some sweet potatoes or some rolled oats instead of the white stuff

one thing I learned when lowering carbs...was to lower slowly...cut like another 10 or 15g's a day till you get to where you want to be...much easier on the body and the brain

good luck man!!!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I would drop those red potato's if I were you.

Pain

Ok...Im going to drop the red potatoes...thanks for the feedback....I wil switch in some sweet potatoes and white rice...
    cant have brown...allergic....I think I read that the instant rice converts to sugar in the body almost immediately...Is this true or do you use instant rice....
    Thanks again for the help

Instant rice is as bad as those damn potatoes. I would cut one of those servings of rice out anyway and then when you get further into that diet try cutting both, I think carbs in the 100-150 range is best for cutting and still having energy. For the rice go for a long grain converted rice (uncle Ben's is my favorite) This actually has the same GI value as steamed slow cook bronw rice, you lose a little nutrients in it not being brown but you will be ok.

Thanks for the help bro....I will have that other rice instead....I wish I could just eat the brown but it gets me sick as shit....

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Swole cat preaches not mixing carbs and fats in same meal. Youre doing the opposite. Ditch the almonds or ditch the carbs, id go for the first choice in one and then the second in the other.
    As for whether it works, it has worked for his clients. I tried it tonight and will keep you guys updated

cool...thanks for the tip...I have never heard that before...Maybe I will give that a shot as well

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Originally posted by Big_Dan
    Swole cat preaches not mixing carbs and fats in same meal. Youre doing the opposite.
    As for whether it works, it has worked for his clients. I tried it tonight and will keep you guys updated
    Please note that Big Dan is not on any of my programs, and is doing his own meal set-ups. I just wanted to explain this as if he has any problems with it, or does something I would not employ, I don't want to hear about how my method didn't work. Dan, per your other thread about miracle whip and the oats for a trade off to real fat.......well, no that is not my theory on macro manipulation, I don't believe I ever explained my theory to you, and I don't think you are at my site where a brief intro to my theory appears. My plans do not include carbs in the meal you are placing them in, hence you do things differently. As stated above, you are placing things here and there on your own, and it's not a meal plan laid out by me. Just wanted to make that clear, but I am sure you will do well anyhow.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 03-19-2003 at 08:32 AM.

Originally posted by SwoleCat

Please note that Big Dan is not on any of my programs, and is doing his own meal set-ups. I just wanted to explain this as if he has any problems with it, or does something I would not employ, I don't want to hear about how my method didn't work. Dan, per your other thread about miracle whip and the oats for a trade off to real fat.......well, no that is not my theory on macro manipulation, I don't believe I ever explained my theory to you, and I don't think you are at my site. My plans do not include carbs in the meal you are placing them in, hence you do things differently. As stated above, you are placing things here and there on your own, and it's not a meal plan laid out by me. Just wanted to make that clear, but I am sure you will do well anyhow.

~SC~
    Nice way to cover your ass.

Pain

yeah......

it's true though. I don't need someone to say they are trying "my techniques" when they are not my techniques. If I have done the calculations and laid out all the food and activity for the diet, then fine. However, this is not the case. This is a case of taking one part of an idea and applying it, perhaps not even in the proper location or amount.

So yes, ass is covered.

~SC~

~WARNING~
    In no way is any advice given, posted, pmed, emailed, pigeon carrier, phoned, smoke signaled or any other form of communication that Big_Dan states has any relation or connection to SwoleCat or his dietary methods.
    Thank you from all of us at AR.

There ya go SwoleCat......a little "extra coverage" never hurts. LOL

And Big_Dan.......just playin' witcha' bro!!!!!

LOL

hahah........

LMFAO.............all of those methods you listed were funnier than shit............I was laughing a good while after perusin' that.....

Gracias!

~SC~

No problemo senior!

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I have seen a swolecat program and the carbs and fats were rotated. The carbs were from mostly dextrose/maltodextrin. Fatty foods included bacon and flax from what I can remember. His diets are no miracle just good solid formulated nutritional regimens based on a person's experience and other vital stats

I never called him a god.....he's a pretty smart bro although.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    Yes he is pretty good at what he does...I can admit that even though he doesn't like me (kicked me off of his board). But I have to show love seeing as how he's a louisiana boy like me

So did anyone answer the question? I might have missed it. Is it real bad to mix fats with carbs? I have been tring to avoid it, but if I don't have to, I won't.

Thread Information