GoldChest is offline New Member

keto vs carb cycling

for who used the both, what is the best?
    im currently on keto, 10 week, but the results its not what i expected..thinking about change to carb cycling

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    results should come quickly with keto. 10 weeks on keto if done right u should of dropped a lot of fat.

have you?

i cant stand the diet. i get to much cravings. so carb cycling keeps me sane. plus i have more enegery whilst carb cycling

GoldChest is offline New Member
    i dropped 22 lbs, dont know if its much or not, but i expected more from this, im already 1500kcal and just 11% bf, i think im gonna try carb cycling, i have already dont it one time it was good.
    at the start i got some energy on keto, but now im looking to flat and need a lot of stimulants to train...time to some carbs

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I'm curious....what kind of results WERE you expecting? With the numbers you've given, you are losing over 2 pounds per week, which is fantastic imo unless some muscle went as well. You didn't list your starting stats, but 1,500 cals/day is pretty low so this may be a reason why you are so lethargic in the gym. Did you lose any strength?

As far as the original question, I cannot comment as I've never cycled carbs (although I plan to in the future). Good luck.

ConnorMacLeod is offline Junior Member
    ive been on keto for 4 days and i can already see some results keto is a great diet imo

What you lost in 4 days is water weight due to carb depletion.

ConnorMacLeod is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=musclestack;5629634]What you lost in 4 days is water weight due to carb depletion.[/QUOT

true. but from what i heard the results should be great

Yes, they should be great if done properly; the same goes for any diet. I just noticed that you said "keto is a great diet imo" when, in fact, you've only been on the diet for 4 days and we both now agree that what you've lost is water weight. What you heard about the diet and your opinion, which doesn't have much merit right now since it's so early on, are two different things.

BTW-I hope I'm not coming off as being a d**k. It's been a long day, and I just feel like giving someone some hell. That someone is you Connor

Cheers!

Thread Information