Thread: Fat

bufftiger is offline Associate Member

Fat

Okay guys so I changed up my diet a little and I lost a lot of fat. Every part of my body is well defined. However something I observed was that my back carries the most fat. Why? Is there a way to change this? Even when I did my show and went to my nutritionist he was like I have A LOT of fat on my back and that most of my bf was from my back. I mean I have fat on my gluts bt its still not as much as my back. Would love any input? My back has pretty good size to it so would doing more exercises or reps help?

Thanks
    Buff

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Genetics my friend. Men in general tend to store bodyfat around their midsection, especially the lower back/kidney area. You cannot spot reduce; all you can do is strive to be as lean as possible. That most stubborn fat will be the last to come off. Some people will need to get well below 10% BF to lose that last bit.

Post up pics so we can see what you're talking about. Chances are it's not as bad as you think.

Yea I know what you mean GB. I'm around 12 to 13 % bf. When my nutritionist measured the fat on my back it was like 20 something. From the top its cut and great but from the middle down you can grap it with your hand and its a lot. I had my girl grab a chunk while I was flexing and I was like damnnn lol.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    what age are you?

Another thing I have noticed is that my right side carried more fat than my left side. What could explain this?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    genetics

justy is offline New Member
    I'll preface this article by saying that it will help if you have an open mind and accept that some of these facts are a slap in the face to politically correct nutrition in this day and age where fats are admonished by many doctors, health "experts", the mass media, etc. To start, eating an adequate supply of healthy dietary fats is vitally important to your overall health. Fats are one of the main components in all of the cell membranes throughout your entire body. If you eat enough healthy natural fats, your cellular processes will proceed normally. On the other hand, if you eat man-made, heavily processed, chemically altered fats (damaged fats) that are found in most processed foods, your cellular function will be impaired as these damaged fats become part of your cell membranes, the body will have to work harder to operate correctly, and degenerative diseases can develop. In addition, healthy dietary fats are essential for optimal hormone production and balance within the body and are therefore essential for the muscle building and fat burning processes. Other important functions that dietary fats play in a healthy body are aiding vitamin and mineral utilization, enzyme regulation, energy, etc.Food packing

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by justy View Post
    I'll preface this article by saying that it will help if you have an open mind and accept that some of these facts are a slap in the face to politically correct nutrition in this day and age where fats are admonished by many doctors, health "experts", the mass media, etc. To start, eating an adequate supply of healthy dietary fats is vitally important to your overall health. Fats are one of the main components in all of the cell membranes throughout your entire body. If you eat enough healthy natural fats, your cellular processes will proceed normally. On the other hand, if you eat man-made, heavily processed, chemically altered fats (damaged fats) that are found in most processed foods, your cellular function will be impaired as these damaged fats become part of your cell membranes, the body will have to work harder to operate correctly, and degenerative diseases can develop. In addition, healthy dietary fats are essential for optimal hormone production and balance within the body and are therefore essential for the muscle building and fat burning processes. Other important functions that dietary fats play in a healthy body are aiding vitamin and mineral utilization, enzyme regulation, energy, etc.Food packing
    get a job

BloozieStrat is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    get a job
    hahaha.... nice!

Thread Information