Need help for starting diet!

im having a little trouble figuring out how much i should be eating

like how much cal, protien, carbs and fat

if someone could help me out or point me in the right direction

Height: 6'1 1/2
    Weight: 230
    BF%: 20-22

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Based on your stats and a simple calculation, you're maintenance is probably somewhere in the 2700 calorie range. You didn't specify your goal but I assume it's primarily to reduce bodyfat. You need to create a caloric deficit - I wouldn't reduce calories that much, maybe down to about 2400 and get a solid cardio program going. Monitor your progress and adjust accordingly until you're dialed in. You may want to start with a standard 40/40/20 split and adjust that as well, again depending on your results. If you are carb sensitive, i'd increase protein and fats by a bit and reduce carbs.

oI Overdue Io is offline New Member
    Ya your assumtion is right i wanna cut my BF i guess i shouldve mentioned that

thanks

BloozieStrat is offline New Member
    You've also got to make sure you're eating the right foods. Try to eat 5 meals a day, minimum (and never go more than 5 hours without eating something... sleeping doesn't count).

Proteins should come mainly from chicken (boneless/skinless), fish, turkey, eggs (white), lean beef, low or non-fat cottage cheese, and whey protein. Only eat complex carbs - brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes (2-3 servings of fruit/day is ok). Healthy fats include flax seed oil, primrose oil, olive oil, nuts (try to limit to 1 serving per day), peanut/almond butter (no hydrogenated oils!!!), and salmon is also good.

Also, eat a lot of veggies (the darker the better.....typically)

oI Overdue Io is offline New Member
    Whats everyone means when they say oats?

i havnt got any yet cause i dont know what kind i should be getting

I got some oatmeal which i cant eat the texture of it make me wanna throw up for some reason

so which ones are the best and how should I be eating them?

Oatmeal is a kind of oat, but it is also a little more processed then say, steel cut oats. Also, try and avoid the flavored oatmeal as they're typically pretty high in sugar (i.e. cinnamon and brown sugar oatmeal, apple cinnamon, etc.). You'd be better off just buying regular oatmeal and adding cinnamon and some berries (blackberries, strawberries, etc.). I prefer "steel cut oats" (you can get them at any grocery store), but they take a little while to cook. So, maybe "rolled oats" would be your best bet (also can get at any grocery store).

They'll all have directions on the box or bag on how to prepare them

Thread Information