Short_Guy is offline Junior Member

BMR and Total Daily Calories

Hey guys, I have a diet question:

Let's say, for argument's sake, that my BMR is 2000. Now, let's further say I debit 500 calories from this to get to 1500 calories a day. If I do 30-45 minutes of cardio, burning 300 calories in the process, can I add that to my BMR to get 1800 calories a day in food intake and still burn a pound a week?

If I'm wrong, tell me

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

well..

theoretically, yes.

However, don't focus on overall calories as the goal. I mean, if you ate 1800 kcals worth of PIZZA a day, do u think you'd lose fat, gain muscle, change your look?

No, u won't.......u would have 5 or 6 meals of fat and carbs together, that do nothing but store fat, do nothing to encourage muscle gain, and hinder all your efforts. My point is to FOCUS on what you are eating macro wise, not the total caloric intake at the end of the day.

I'd suggest reading my "why I don't count calories" write up in my forums at www.swolecat.com. You'll see what I am talking about in far more detail. Calorie counting is truly a thing of the PAST in my dieting programs, and many are understanding why.

~SC~

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    damn swole, once again awesome info from ya.

i miss seeing more posts from you. i got to respect you at gotfina.com back in the day.

thanks for the info

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    I wasn't implying that I ate pizza, obviously

I'll check out your site, though.

Thanks.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

right.....

I never stated you were eating pizza, I was giving an example of how many go wrong worrying about overall calories, not what those calories are made up of. U know, what proportions, why, when, with what, etc.

That is the key to a great diet/physique!

~SC~

Thread Information