Thread: Sugars

xplicit is offline Member

Sugars

5'10 177 looking to cut

Most of my sugar comes from apple juice and orange juice whci is about 25 grams of sugar a serving, how many grams of sugar should be taken in a day.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    None, except post workout, if you are looking to cut, sugar is a non-needed macro, your body can make it from all the longer carb chains at a slower pace and release less insulin . Which will be much better when trying to cut.

Pain

xplicit is offline Member
    How much should be taken post, and were should i get my sugars from.

I though the OJ and apple juice sugars arent bad cause there natural. I am starting to notice everything has sugars in it, i think its going to be kinda hard to avoid taking sugar in all together.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    I have yogurt and throw some Fiber-One in it pre-workout. The Yogurts good for ya, has some sugar, and the fiber-one has carbs but not allot of sugar. The fiber-one is loaded with fiber and cuts the fat.

I hope this helps.

Bobbo

Frute has fructose type sugar which means that it needs to be broken down one step before it can go to glycogen in the muscles. Also I have heard that fruit carbs, fructose mainly go to the liver first and then the muscles not what you want post workout. I would get my sources from Dexatros or Maltadexatros (spelling) they have high GI values are are readily converted into glycogen. When cutting I like to get 40g of carbs post workout with my protein also 30-40g. NO FAT.

Pain

hybrid is offline Member
    Post workout shake should be approx 2 parts carbs, 1 part protein. I have 30 grams protein, 35 grams dextrose, 25 grams maltodextrin, 5 grams glutamine, 5 grams BCAA. Have to drink it right away, as soon as you're done working out. This is when your muscles crave the sugar to restore depleted glycogen stores.

sooner45 is offline Member
    NO FAT after workout?!?! I work out about 6:15-6:30a.m., I usually eat my 1st "breakfast" meal about 8:15 or *:30 before I head off to work. I usually eat about 4-5 egg whites, 1/2 cup of slow cooked oats mixed with 1tbsp of flax, and then a protein shake(20g) mixed with crystal light. Hows that sound? Cut the flax? Save it till afternoon meal? then save the PB till night with dinner? I dont like eating the fat at night cause it is stored all night. So anyway, what do you guys think?

hybrid is offline Member
    The flax at breakfast is good.
    Having some fat with your protein at night is actually good. The fat slows down the absorbtion of the protein which is good.

Fat post workout will hinder the speed at which the protein and carbs release into your blood stream, not what you want. Also you are looking for an insulin spike post workout, insulin loves to cram nutrients into muscles and fat into adipose tissue (not good).

Pain

So pain, your saying no flax at breakfast after workout, and instead throw in an insulin in? like what? Where can you get it? (Not asking for source if this is considered an AS)

Originally posted by sooner45
    So pain, your saying no flax at breakfast after workout, and instead throw in an insulin in? like what? Where can you get it? (Not asking for source if this is considered an AS)
    No your flax at breakfast is fine, but postworkout is a no-no. Don't mess with insulin , it is probably one of the most dangerous things out there, you can die VERY easily if you mess up just a little!!!!!!! Just get high GI carbs, dextrose and Malodextrin that will be more than enough.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    sooner45- Pain was refering to an insulin spike and the natural insulin already in your system.

oh sorry...stupid ass question........

Originally posted by sooner45
    oh sorry...stupid ass question........
    Its OK

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    There is no stupid question.......only stupid answers.

Thread Information