Hitman is offline Senior Member

Health problem or diet problem?

Well lately say the last 3 weeks at around 2 oclock ive been feeling real weak and kind of spacey like im about to pass out so i go have another lunch(usually a stack of meat and salad sandwichs and cup of tea) and about half an hour later i start feeling on top of things again. Now is this a coincidence with the second lunch or are the carbs giving me a boost?. The last 3 weeks has been really rough at work because i was made foreman so i have more work than usual and less time to do it so sometimes my breaks are later than expected. Now my main food source would be breads, meat and salad because on a construction site i sometimes dont have the facilities to reheat rice with chicken etc... But i havent been able to consume the same amount of breads ie... carbs that im accustomed to so is my body having like withdrawl type symptoms or what? any help is appreciated and just ask if any more info is needed to get to the bottom of this..............HITMAN

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    What does your first lunch consist of? If it is high GI carbs it is the effects of insulin dropping your blood sugar levels way to low. You will need to switch up to lower GI carbs and you will be better off. Try switching your breads to Rye, Pumpernickle, 12 Grain. Those have the lowest GI values of breads. Don't think that just wheat bread it good, compare the ingrediants list to white bread and you will find the only wheat is down the very bottom of the list and only really added for color.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    It does sound like blood sugar levels dropping. I know if I go too long without eating I too feel like I'm about to pass out along with stomach cramps and headaches. Do what PAin suggested and go from there.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Good idea guys i will try that tomorrow. Yeah pain my lunches mainly consist of rolls or sandwiches, generally white, because its quick and easy sometimes i might take a pack of 2 minute noodles to mix it up abit and a piece or 2 of fruit , perhaps its time to get out of this eating habit and into a new one........HITMAN

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Just a thought could it be possible your body craves more carbs due to the new stress it's not used to,having stress does alot of freaky things to your physical health!I was a correction officer once and went from 195 to 173 in a matter of a 6 weeks and was eating 6x a day,freaked me out!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Hitman
    Good idea guys i will try that tomorrow. Yeah pain my lunches mainly consist of rolls or sandwiches, generally white, because its quick and easy sometimes i might take a pack of 2 minute noodles to mix it up abit and a piece or 2 of fruit , perhaps its time to get out of this eating habit and into a new one........HITMAN
    Yup, those carbs sources will cause a classic case of food coma (insulin spiking and crashing down) Try the new diet changes and let us know how they are going.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah...keep us updated bro.

Thread Information