J-F
    J-F is offline Associate Member

Question Carb-Up Day on a low carb-high proteins and moderate fat diet??

Im planning a low carb-high proteins and moderate fat Diet to help me loose like 15 pounds (ive already loose 55 in 5 months). I will also une ECA, my question is : should i need to do a carb-up day every week if i don't want my body to get accustomed??? I will follow this diet for 3 - 4 week.

Tx alot folks!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, a carb up day is a great way to get your metabolism back up to speed and avoid it from slowing.

Pain

J-F
    Tx! another question!
    my diet is Max 40 carb per day (im 6"4 226, 21%BF) and around 1400 cals
    is this looks great to you?
    how many carb should i take on my carb-up??
    TX!

Bro that is way too low for cals per day, you are lossing tons of muscle I bet. Go only about 300-500 below maintance, which I am assuming is around 2500+ cals for your weight and height. Get about 2000cals per day, this will shread off the fat with proper cardio (and if your diet is clean) You will lose more fat with a 2000cal clean diet than a 1400cal dirty diet.
    How many carbs you get on your carb up day is a personal thing, I found that 150-200 extra makes me look nice and full. Anything more I don't get any benefits from and feel sluggish.

Pain

J-F
    Tx!
    hmmm can i ask another question??
    if im below 500 cal , that mean ill drop (500 * 3500) 1 pounds + the cardio right? of the fact of being on a low carb diet will help me lost faster?
    The things is, ive lost 50 pounds of fat in the last five month, now im getting ok , but it is becoming hard for me to loose anymore wheight, and i need to drop down my BF from 21 to 15 before guetting into mass training...

on a low carb diet(40 max),high protein(220),fats(heatly fat 90) and 500 cal below, (using xenadrine and gopod cardio) how many pounds of fat do you think i cout loose??? of Bf % ??

Thank you!

Nope it means that you will lose muscle a lot faster. Your body needs a certain amount of energy to run, when it doesn't get enough if uses stored energy (fat) but when it can't get energy quick enough from fat or the brain doesn't have proper amounts of glycogen going to it, then it will start to convert proteins (muscle ) to glycous to use as energy. The trick is dropping your cals low enough so your body uses energy from stored fat but isn't so low that it needs to convert protein to energy.

Pain

BTW, there is no answer to how many pounds can I lose, that is up to your body and how long you stay on it. I am not a fortune teller and no one else is, if anyone tells you that you will lose 10lb in 10 weeks they are bullshiting you. How do they know.

Pain

Another thing J-F, like said above, when your bodys ability to access fat is overcome by need for calories you will burn muscle. Now if your body fat is very high, you have alot of fat to pull calories from simultaneously. The weakess link in the fat metabolism chain isnt the hormones that signal the breakdown, but it is the fat cell machinery itself.

The point is, many overweight people can lose many pounds of fat quick, but once your under 20% dont excpet to be able to demand 1500-2000 calories from your fat stores a day beacuse you wont get it. You will get muscle loss.

Nice add, BB

Pain

Thread Information