pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

Which MRP you guys use when cutting?

I'm using (regular) Myoplex shakes now myself. I drink 2 during the day in my current diet.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    When cutting, I always eat real food except post-workout. Post workout, i used to make my own with dextrose and whey, but have returned to Isopure just because the Peaches n' Cream is so fucking tasty. I don't know why they don't have a whole box of that instead of DooDoo ass vanilla or strawberry.

Bulking, I slap down a couple of Optimum Pro Blend shakes with meals.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Isopure MRPs...I'll have to look into them.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm with Pheedno on this one, I stick with real food except post wo whether bulking or dieting. Just use protein drinks post, and before bed. Next go around I may add a 20gram protein shake to my meals and see how that helps.

yellows2k is offline Member
    The only protein shake/powder thats needed is whey post workout and even thats questionable. Everything else is wasted money IMO.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I am with Pheen on this one too, only use a straight whey after workouts and before bed (add flax and fiber then) when cutting. Everything else is real food. I do have some Lean Mass Matrix sometimes (maybe 2 times a week) on my 170g carb days. Also the new Myoplex Deluxe is good too, they have copied Lean Mass ingrediants if anyone has noticed. Both have very good sources of carbs, slow releasing and good fats. I think the Myo might be better for cutting since it is 50g pro and 24g carbs compared to lean at 40 and 40. But I don't like getting more than 40g of protein at a time.

Pain
    Last edited by painintheazz; 03-24-2003 at 08:44 PM.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Wasted money??
    What about convenience?

It is too hard for me to eat whole meals all day long, all the cooking, damn! I spend 10 hours a day at work. I eat 3-4 whole meals each day along with 3-4 shakes per day while cutting.

Pain, I used to drink the Lean Mass Matrix shakes when I was bulking. I'll have to look into the new Myoplex Deluxe shakes. But I disagree with you about the "no more than 40 grams of protein at a time" thing. IMO, your body adapts to high protein meals after a while and especially when you are pushing the limits training. I'll eat 60-70 grams of protein in 1 sitting at times, fuck it! How else are you supposed to eat 300+ grams in a day?

Pump, everyones body and metabolism is different. I get much better results when I eat every 2 hours and only get 30-40g protein than when I eat 3-4 hours and get 60g protein. I have tried each for over a month in duration. Both diets had same macro amounts too. My metabolism is slow by nature, I carry more BF than most, unless I cut and diet like all hell. Like I said some people have different bodies and can handle that amount of protein.

Pain

Eating 30-40 grams every 2 hours like you do is probably better than 60 grams every 3 hours. I see your point.

Originally posted by pumpseeker
    Eating 30-40 grams every 2 hours like you do is probably better than 60 grams every 3 hours. I see your point.
    I have also seen lab tests were people were given all their protein at one sitting and others were given protein broken down into different meals. Supposedly there was no difference on nitrogen balance between the groups or fat gains. The research was done with non-weight lifting females, so I hold little regard for the study, still interesting anyway.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz
    Also the new Myoplex Deluxe is good too, they have copied Lean Mass ingrediants if anyone has noticed. Both have very good sources of carbs, slow releasing and good fats. I think the Myo might be better for cutting since it is 50g pro and 24g carbs compared to lean at 40 and 40.

Pain
    Just ordered some of the new Myoplex Deluxe. But that shit ain't cheap! I looked around and the cheapest I could find it was $62 for 36 packets. Anyone know where to get it cheaper?

Damn, that is the problem with good quality stuff..... I think my guys price is around 55-50$ but that is a store not online.

Pain

Thread Information