Leanforlife is offline New Member

Stay in ketosis during carbup?

Hey fellas,

I am on day 6 of CKD (since I actually got into ketosis) and doing great. I am down 8 lbs, most of which is water but atleast I am noticing a difference. I really like this diet because the quick results are inspiration to keep it up.

I am currently on 50% fat, 35% protein, 15% carbs and taking 3grams of ALA ED, 500mg with each meal. I dont go hypo ever or anything. This weekend is going to be my first carbup. Since I got into ketosis last wednesday I did not want to do my carbup midweek this week so I figured I would put it off until friday, my last training day of the week. I am going to use the number from Mr. X's CKD worksheet for my carbup. I understand the point is to get your metabolism back up but I tend to stay in ketosis even with a fair amount of carbs (180g), is it bad if I do not get out of ketosis? I am deciding on either 24 hr or 26 hr carbup. Thanks guys.

Also side question. I just got a heart rate monitor watch and its fuc*ing great! I have moved my cardio outside! but I am not sure about how many cals I am burning. My daily total is about 2100 right now and today I did 40 mins of biking with an average of 158 bpm. I am 20 yrs old. How do I calculate that into calories?

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    well, since I have nothing nice to say, I'll say nothing. Good luck with all that though...

Thanks, anyone else?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    How much does your carb up contain, you might not be getting enough carbs? I have heard that most people like a carb up of 700g.

Pain

yellows2k is offline Member
    When I did this diet for 2 weeks, I did 1000g carb ups....

I could not handle this diet as my strength was going down and it wasnt fun

Good luck though

According to Mr X's theory I should take in 400g of carbs in 24 hrs, I was told by others on the c-k-d.com board to do a 36 hr carb up. I feel perfectly fine, great actually. I am doing this for 60 days, apparently I have to do the carbup to get my metabolism going again or else I wouldnt even bother. So to repeat I havent done a carb up yet but is it bad if i dont get out of ketosis?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

well...

better be prepared to eat like that for life then!

~SC~

well what sort of diet would you suggest then swole?

Thread Information