Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

best type of tuna and way to eat it for people who cant stand it???

i think tuna is the nastiest food there is. just the smell almost makes me gag. but i need to start eating it, whats the best brand/type to buy and whats best way to eat it which wil'l make it taste not as bad???

yellows2k is offline Member
    They all taste the same basically, I have tried them all. I eat it from the can so I dunno any other way...

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Salsa.. low sodium barbecu sauce...
    Anyway canned tuna isnt a very good source... the protein isnt as complet as the real fish and they try to fill this with added soy protein

orto is offline Junior Member
    I add canned tuna some mustard...

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I love tuna, but it has to be solid white tuna. Usually from a good brand I like starkist and stop and shop brand. I have tried many different brands until I found ones with nice large chunks of tuna. I use mustard and relish with mine.

Pain

BTW, I love raw tuna (sushi style) and seared tuna. Those are much better than out of a can. YUMMY.

Pain

Southern Cross is offline Associate Member
    I have this new tuna, starkist I think that comes in a pouch so you don't have to drain out the water. It taste good too. I usually eat my tuna with 3 or 4 egg whites and some pepper.

Pain it is good to see another sushi lover on the boards. I can eat tons of fatty tuna and california rolls.

I can't imagine any reason why you would HAVE to eat it if you didnt like it. I would just get one of the extra lean bags of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts from the grocery store and cook them all at once. Pop them in the fridge and eat when you need meat. They have less fat than tuna i belive especialy if you use mayo in your tuna. Starkist White Albacore has 6-7 grams of fat in a 6 ox can. But if you do NEED to eat tuna, buy the vacuum packs mentions before. And ONLY White tune not the "light" shit. Somthing about those pouches make the tuna taste less fishy and more mild, like an actual tuna steak.

White tuna in water, low sodium is better. Completly ***drown*** it with your favorite Salsa.

About the only way I can make it edible (note I did not say good, edible just means I can swallow it and not gag... too much).

Red

Slypknot is offline Member
    Hell with tuna... if you really MUST eat something out of a can go for the Chicken in a can... I had to try a few brands before I found a really good one... WAAAAAY easier to handle than nasty smelling tuna...

Originally posted by Slypknot
    Hell with tuna... if you really MUST eat something out of a can go for the Chicken in a can... I had to try a few brands before I found a really good one... WAAAAAY easier to handle than nasty smelling tuna...
    What type do you use?? I was thinking of picking up some the other day to give it a try??

pain

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I have been using this concoction. 1 can of albacore tuna drained out mixed with 1 cup of cooked brown rice and 3 tablespoons of Salsa. I live off this.

mustang331 is offline Member
    Balsamic vinegar and oilv oil

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BrokenBricks
    I can't imagine any reason why you would HAVE to eat it if you didnt like it. I would just get one of the extra lean bags of frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts from the grocery store and cook them all at once. Pop them in the fridge and eat when you need meat. They have less fat than tuna i belive especialy if you use mayo in your tuna. Starkist White Albacore has 6-7 grams of fat in a 6 ox can. But if you do NEED to eat tuna, buy the vacuum packs mentions before. And ONLY White tune not the "light" shit. Somthing about those pouches make the tuna taste less fishy and more mild, like an actual tuna steak.
    basially im trying to bulk and take in alot of protein and have been having trouble getting the amount i need, tuna is suppose to be inexpensive way of doing it......

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by painintheazz

What type do you use?? I was thinking of picking up some the other day to give it a try??

pain

Swanson's is the only way to go bro. All the others have some serious taste issues to work out.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Chicken of the Sea in water. Has big chunks, less bones, and descent taste. Drain it and down it is all I have to say.

Mostly it's a lot easier to keep 8-10 cans of tuna in your desk drawer at work than chicken breasts (which I have a freezer full at home).

Shredz ... hmmm! Might try that... maybe wild long grain brown rice, tuna, a bit of salsa and teryaki sauce? hmmm!

Red

"basially im trying to bulk and take in alot of protein and have been having trouble getting the amount i need, tuna is suppose to be inexpensive way of doing it......"

If you are concerned about price/volume of protien nothing is cheaper than eggs. Im pretty sure a lagre egg has 8 grams of protien in it without the yolk. And most tuna is around....30-40 a can. 99 cent will get you 96 grams of protien. not bad. Take a tuperware container with you to work or wherever full of them. 32 grams is a 4 egg snack. Its quicker too, if you know how to take the shell of quickly. Or eat the shell or calcium

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    red i hope u got a sink next to your desk.. otherwhise people might wonder what the fishy smell... heh

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    drain 1 or 2 cans of tuna, add about a half cup of salsa, 2 or 3 slices of lowfat cheedar cheese, microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.........tasted wicked!!

Originally posted by Fullback57
    drain 1 or 2 cans of tuna, add about a half cup of salsa, 2 or 3 slices of lowfat cheedar cheese, microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes.........tasted wicked!!
    I think I am going to try this, sounds good.

Pain

Originally posted by Pheedno

Swanson's is the only way to go bro. All the others have some serious taste issues to work out.
    Thanks,

Pain

painintheazz: trust me bro, this tastes awesome but make sure that you drain your tuna really good otherwise if there's excess water when you mix it with the salsa and cheese it gets runny

Originally posted by Fullback57
    painintheazz: trust me bro, this tastes awesome but make sure that you drain your tuna really good otherwise if there's excess water when you mix it with the salsa and cheese it gets runny
    I just tried it and feel in love with it. OMG it is really good, I feel like a F'ing commercial. O Well. It was really good.

Pain

LexMuscles19 is offline New Member
    what kinda salsa r u guys using????

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    you gain some carbs and a bit of fat but you can fry them like patties and it tastes exactly like salmond patties.

Make good choices about the oil and the coating. corn meal is best but not healthy. maybe a different crust.

BR

I just use generic brand Chunky Salsa,nothing too fancy......

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    low fat mayo
    mashed in it
    damn good

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    man you guys are wimps, I eat that shit out of the can, with one of several condiments, whatever is closest to me, its the college lifestlye, I'll use either mustard, ketchup, salsa, relish or even barbacue sauce

Originally posted by OT8268
    man you guys are wimps, I eat that shit out of the can, with one of several condiments, whatever is closest to me, its the college lifestlye, I'll use either mustard, ketchup, salsa, relish or even barbacue sauce
    I have worn all of those out, well I still like relish, never tried ketchup. But salsa is the best by far.

Pain

OT8268 is offline Associate Member
    yeah. well pain is really unbareable for you? and sweet relish and mustard is prolly my favorite, but I dont really care I eat it right out of the can and it is gone in a matter of a minute

hmmmm, ya i guess i am big pussy cause i dont eat it right out of the can all the time, silly me for trying to actually enjoy what i'm eating.......

steve1 is offline Junior Member

TUNA IS INCOMPLETE?????

To who ever said that the flaked or chunked tuna (the cheaper brands) are incomplete WHY??? i have never heard that b4!!

i mean i only buy tuna thats has ingredients listed like so: TUna ,water salt.

I stay away from ones that have soy because that means the protien has been depleted and added.Is that what u mean?

ANYWAYS soy protein is incomplete, but soy protein isolate isnt!!!

what i do about eating the tuna is this" scoop of protein powder,bannana,bluberries,orange juice and can o tuna in a blender and drink.....ITs not that bad the fruits kill the tuna flavour.

roch is offline Member
    "basially im trying to bulk and take in alot of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> and have been having trouble getting the amount i need, tuna is suppose to be inexpensive way of doing it......"

If you are concerned about price/volume of protien nothing is cheaper than eggs. Im pretty sure a lagre egg has 8 grams of protien in it without the yolk. And most tuna is around....30-40 a can. 99 cent will get you 96 grams of protien. not bad. Take a tuperware container with you to work or wherever full of them. 32 grams is a 4 egg snack. Its quicker too, if you know how to take the shell of quickly. Or eat the shell or calcium
    man, this is probably the best info I've read about tuna. I hate tuna and never really thought about the fact that protein is protein. I made myself choke down the tuna so many times. I can eat eggs till I'm blue in the face, but tuna gets to me. I'll just stick to my scrambled eggs with salso poured all over them. I have a really nice pan so I can cook them without butter.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Good tastes fade. The best one I have tried so far is heating it in the microwave then add bbq sauce, mustard, and relish.
    Mixes of flavors, is good as all hell. Gotta try it..
    If you eat out of the can, your parents probably dont have tastebuds in their genes.
    Try mine, or the cheesy one if youre not cutting, im sure we can convert you guys.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    " Im pretty sure a lagre egg has 8 grams of protien in it without the yolk. And most tuna is around....30-40 a can. 99 cent will get you 96 grams of protien. not bad. Take a tuperware container with you to work or wherever full of them. 32 grams is a 4 egg snack. Its quicker too, if you know how to take the shell of quickly. Or eat the shell or calcium
    Actually, a large egg has about 6 grams of protein WITH the yolk. Without the yolk, you're looking at 3 grams. I eat 12 egg whites/1 yoke every morning just to get 40 grams of protein. Not so cheap anymore, huh?

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    Some good stuff here guys, I think will try the salsa and cheese one now. The way I usually eat it is with BBQ sause then put it in the microwave for a bit, tastes ok but the best part is it gets rid of the smell. Well it doesn't smell nearly as strong.

i open the can ,grab a big spoon and eat it like a barberian and if the tuna was sp dry i put water in the can and i suck it realy nasty but u will take only 1 minute to eat the can

Got Iron? is offline New Member
    Way to go testosterone82. I do the same thing. Just eat the stuff. Its not that bad that you have to put something in it or drown it so you don't taste it. Well maybe I just like the stuff. Yum yum.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    tuna salad

If you not scared of eating breads just pit it in bun...

chug it with water without actually chewing on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information