Thread: cutting diet

cutting diet

i am 235lbs 6.1' 22%bf i am doing a cutting diet and this what i am taking
    180-200g protein /100-200g carbs/20g fat every day
    is this right or should i fix it
    i know i should take about 1-1.5g/lbs but i am only counting the lean body mass that would be :235x78/100=184lbs

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    100-200g's carbs...that's a BIG difference as far as i'm concerned, do you have an average?

also, your fat is low...my fat intake is 20g's flax oil + any fats i get in food during the day....and i'm 170 and about 22%..you need efa's in your diet

Originally posted by mnkc
    100-200g's carbs...that's a BIG difference as far as i'm concerned, do you have an average?

also, your fat is low...my fat intake is 20g's flax oil + any fats i get in food during the day....and i'm 170 and about 22%..you need efa's in your diet
    i eat 2 ordinary spoon of olive oil i think it is 20g isnt it??or more?
    and for the carbs some time i eat 2 medium potatos during the day some time i eat 300g of grean beans some times about 200g of bananas

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    IMO, at that height and weight, I'd go 250 grams protein/150 grams carbs/40 grams fat....roughly 43%/43%/14%.

That would be 2,320 daily calories (over 7 meals @ 35 grams protein/21 grams carb/6 grams fat each meal).

Don't forget fiber and eat low GI complex carbs, staying away from all sugars except post workout.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by pumpseeker
    IMO, at that height and weight, I'd go 250 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>/150 grams carbs/40 grams fat....roughly 43%/43%/14%.

That would be 2,320 daily calories (over 7 meals @ 35 grams <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>/21 grams carb/6 grams fat each meal).

Don't forget fiber and eat low GI complex carbs, staying away from all sugars except post workout.
    Sounds pretty good to me.

Pain

Got Iron? is offline New Member
    I thought that you were supposed to cut out the carbs a little more and eat more fat for lean muscle. I guess I read something somewhere wrong.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Got Iron?
    I thought that you were supposed to cut out the carbs a little more and eat more fat for lean muscle. I guess I read something somewhere wrong.
    You referring to his current diet or my 250/150/40 breakdown? keeping carbs at 150 is low as hell bro. And I'm not a big believer in eating more than 60-70 grams of fat in a day even when bulking. This is similiar to what I use and it works great for me

Thread Information