jurewix is offline Junior Member

Arrow please help me with my cutting diet foods!!!!

Hey i am bulking up now, but in a week or 2 i plan on gettin cut for the summer, i just got a house down the shore so i will be on the beach alot and want to look good. Anyways i am 225 17% body fat, i really really wana work my ass off for those abs, never had them in my life and i want them now and i am goin to work very hard for them.
    Well here is what i plan on eating for cutting please help me with everything .

7 am: 30g protien shake w/ milk and oatmeal, (i was wondering if there is cerial i can use in place of oatmeal or if oatmeal is the best)

1030 am : Tuna salad , oil and vinigar dressing, i am in school so there is only a few salads, or maybe an egg salad.

1 15: a can of tuna im guessing? straight from the can<

5: grilled chicken or hanburgers on the forman grill with brown rice

7-8: snack , should i eat a protien bar or yogurt w/ protien shake

please fix my correcttions i i am eating something that isnt goin to help me, i really wana get cut i just wana know the right food. o and by the way only liquid i will drink is water

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    just be careful to eat enough to keep your metab up and your muscle from being fuel!

here's a few things i noticed right away..also check diet forum..LOTS of good threads there

1) efas?
    2) quality carbs?
    3) enough calories?
    4) variety?

do a search, you'll learn ALOT!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    First figure out your calorie allowance. From there you can better space out your meal ratios you need for the day. Make sure your carbs are eaten early in the day. Most importantly is your PWO drink of at least 50 grams of simple sugars. You can save the brown rice for the meal following your PWO drink. If you have 50 grams in PWO, have 50 grams of brown rice about an hr later. So majority of carbs consumed are in your 1st meal and the two following your workout. And don't forget to add some good fat in there such as flax oil, walnuts, olive oil, etc. There's a wealth of free diet info around here, happy surfing!...Usualsuspect

yeah i forgot to add in , i put 2 table spoons on flax oil in my morning shake , and i do take a post work out shake, so thats good right? am i missing anything?

another thing is, how many grams of carbs should i be eating a day ?

bump , can someone help me

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    The amount of carbs depends on how your body handle them....personally I eat about 100-150 grams a day when dieting down. But it vary's from person to person.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I would reduce the carbs and increase the protien. So frequently on this board I see proposed diets such as the one you have posted that would leave me feeling pretty hungry. Protien will usually make you feel pretty full and help keep your muscle mass when cutting. To me it seems that when you cut your portions too drastically it makes it really hard to stick with it, so plan something that you know you can stick to.

I am curious what your current diet is that you will be changing from. How drastic are the changes? Also, what kind of cardio do you currently do and what are you planning? At 17% you have room for some good initial progress, but as with anything else, it'll take time if you want to gey to 10% or even single digits.

as of right now i eat healthy i eat pretty much what i posted before , but i eat more carbs at night , but i dont eat that many carbs now , but i dont do much cardio , i am planning on cuttin in a week or so, i just want my abs to show , i just need help can some one please help me about what to eat

Thread Information