shadowangel is offline Banned

sugar during diet

well i am on a cutting diet i am cycling eca/clen well my sugar intake in week is about 80-90gsugar/week is that too mush???

yellows2k is offline Member
    i get about 400g a week.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Per week that is fine, Even a little low IMO as you should still be getting some fast release sugars in your blood post workout.

Pain

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by painintheazz
    Per week that is fine, Even a little low IMO as you should still be getting some fast release sugars in your blood post workout.

Pain
    do u think i should decrease it to 50g/week?

No, but that is a personal thing, even low carb cutting I still like to get 30g of sugar per day after my weight training sessions, makes me feel much better and actually has little effect on me going out of keto if I am in keto. It is still cals but has little effect on blood gluc levels as the muscles pull it in really quickly.

Pain

harl is offline Associate Member
    as you should still be getting some fast release sugars in your blood post workout.

Pain
    All i have post workout 2 serving of protein mix and 2 cups of skim milk. Is the sugar and carbs in the milk enough?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Check your brand of protien. A lot of brands add surar in the form of sucrose, and glucose, dextrose, etc. A good indicator is the carb count on the protien mix. If it contains more the 3 g of carb per scoop, they are adding sugar.

i dunno see how you can eat 50-100g of sugar a week when post workout, you need between 50-100g of sugar in it of itself

Originally posted by harl

All i have post workout 2 serving of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> mix and 2 cups of skim milk. Is the sugar and carbs in the milk enough?
    Ya that should be enough, about 30+ grams, but I think you could get some much better carbs in you post workout than milk, milk turns to almost a gel and slows absorbtion, not what you want post workout.

Pain

Originally posted by yellows2k
    i dunno see how you can eat 50-100g of sugar a week when post workout, you need between 50-100g of sugar in it of itself
    I know that this is not consistent with "common wisdom," but I was doing NO sugar for several years. Basically eating < 5g carb a day. Believe it or not, I survived. I got lean. I got cut.

Originally posted by beenie

I know that this is not consistent with "common wisdom," but I was doing NO sugar for several years. Basically eating < 5g carb a day. Believe it or not, I survived. I got lean. I got cut.
    Did you get stronger while cutting?

Did you get stronger while cutting?
    Yes, I got much stronger, but I never got really big, just cut. Please keep in mind that my gains are over a period of many months, not weeks. But gains were pretty steady.

My personally philosophy is that carbs are great for bulking, but they are the enemy for cutting. When you have no carbs in you system, your system turns to other sources of energy for fuel, i.e., bodyfat primarily.

What were your results? Like your starting weight and BF and then how long did it take you to get to your goal?

What were your results? Like your starting weight and BF and then how long did it take you to get to your goal?
    Okay now you opened a pandora's box.

I started at about 30% bf and weighed 275. In nine months got to 14% and about 195. Eventually went to 170. All on diet and cardio. People started tellin me I looked sick at that point. Thats when I started really lifting. Essentally in the next year I kept my diet the same, and lifted pretty heavy and got back 20 lbs- all muscle. So to answer you about 2 years to get to 190 and about 10 % bf.

Oh, and as for reaching my goal. . .Not there yet. Not sure I'll ever be completely satisfied.

My personally philosophy is that carbs are great for bulking, but they are the enemy for cutting. When you have no carbs in you system, your system turns to other sources of energy for fuel, i.e., bodyfat primarily.
    You are a very wise person.

Pain

You are a very wise person.

Pain
    You flatterer.

You flatterer.

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    i used to have absolutly no sugar in my diet , 5 days a week, now i get about 15-20 a day when dieting strict and my vien have hellsih ripped out.

Thread Information