superjew is offline Associate Member

Bulking opinions

I'm curious to hear how some of you feel about bulking up. For example: do you eat alot of "junk" food when you are bulking? It seems like alot of guys on here just eat as much of whatever foods they want when "bulking". I tend to see alot of guys gain a bunch of fat that never really seems to go away on that plan. Just looking for everyones two cents.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Well I'm a powerlifter so I eat everything I can get my hands on when I'm trying to bulk up.

Even from a BB point of veiw I feel most do not eat enough when trying to put on size. It takes alot of work to consume the amount of calories that some of us need to gain size and I'm sorry it won't happen by eating "clean". It's hard to eat all day, after a week you get sick of food and it's so easy to say I'll just skip this meal but then you won't get to where you want to go. So you need some not so "clean" calories.

xxxl83

yellows2k is offline Member
    When i bulk, i reintroduce dairy and bread and some of those likes. I may have some pizza once in a while but its not a buffet at every meal...

wimp is offline Associate Member
    when i bulk i will have a little junk food here and there but for the most part i eat clean. you just have to be eating all the time to get enough calories in.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I keep my diet clean just up the cals a little, I bulk easy and if I do the mega cal bulk I get really fat. IMO lean bulking is the way to go, unless you are blessed with a fast metabolism.

Pain

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I agree with you pain, lean bulking is the way to go. I always keep my diet clean and up the calories as well.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice to hear, for my body I much rather gain 15lb of muscle and 5lb of fat, than 20lb of muscle and 10lb of fat. Getting rid of that extra fat is much more of a bitch for me.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Like I've said over and over again. Diets whether bulking or cutting should be almost identical except more calories when bulking and less when cutting. Keep your diet clean and simple. I als oput dairy back in my diet when bulking. That's the only difference in my bulking/cutting diets besides the amount of calories.

Thread Information