Thread: soy pro

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

soy pro

what do u think about soy pro is it true it can replace animal pro i am trying to add some soy to my cutting diet what do u think guys

beenie is offline Senior Member
    It is an excellent source of protien and very low in carbs. I use it for cooking and make decent pancakes with it instead of flour.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Soy protein....if I'm correct on this it increases your natural levels of estrogen. I'd stay away from it if I were you.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Soy <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>....if I'm correct on this it increases your natural levels of estrogen. I'd stay away from it if I were you.
    You are correct.

Pain

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

yeah.......

better known as TittyPro.......

soon available as.......

AminoBoob

TheBreastPro

NitroHooters

GynoPro

~SC~XXL~2K3~

LOL, good one swole. Their is soy protein in my house but it is reserved from my post metapause mother. haha. Actually it has been really good for her, it has made this time in her life easier. So there is your proof it increases estrogen levels.

Pain

Ah, I see many of the posters here are familiar with the research from the Bowman Gray School of Medicine that if I am not mistaken, was conducted in the late 80s or early 90s linking soy with estrogen generation. MOST subsequent research conducted in the past 10 years dismisses this as a risk for healthy males.

Personally, I eat lots of soy and have suffered no I'll affect. No gyno here. I have never seen or known anyone to suffer as a result from its ingestion, but people have been repeating the results from this study for years. If someone is AWARE of a male having increased estrogen level as a result of the ingestion of soy, please let me know. As far as I know their research was theoretical and has never been tested.

I'll take my chances.

Do you happen to have any of these studies. I did a little searching and I am still finding up to date studies saying that it increases estrogen leves and that is why post menopause woman can benefit from it. The only thing I have seen promising is that it lowers a certain form of estrogen that causes breast cancer. Here is what I found on one of the few studies done on men.
    ---------
    Effects of soy in men:

A major concern of men is the possible effects of soy on the male endocrine (hormonal) system. While there have been few studies addressing the effects of phytoestrogen in males, what conclusions have been drawn are negative. 3a, 17B- androstanediol glucuronide and androstanediol glucuronide are DHT metabolites and are essential for male secondary sex characteristics as well as the anabolism of skeletal muscle. Obviously decreases in these hormones mean less lean mass, more stored body fat, and a possible retardation of male secondary sex characteristics.

“In males, levels of 17B-estradiol and testosterone were not affected, but levels of 3a, 17B- androstanediol glucuronide (a metabolite of dihydrotestosterone) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate were decreased by 13% and 14%, respectively, after 2-4 weeks of daily soya ingestion.” (8)

Pain

BTW, the references used in that article were all dated 1995 and on.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz
    BTW, the references used in that article were all dated 1995 and on.

Pain
    I believe that they are all making reference to the same Bowman Gray study. I may be wrong, but I believe that its one of thise things that was a theortical concept from which a conclusion was drawn. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Even the artical that you cite, hedges its conclusion with "possible effects" and admits there have been few studies done supporting it.

I must admit you put more effort into this than did I as I am only repeating information that I have come across over a long period of time. If you really want me to look for them, I can always do an Intenet search.

Don't worry about it, I still look for info on soy a little due to my mother and female friends so if I find anything I will keep the board posted. But if you happen to see these studies please let me know.

Pain

One thing I should metion for all the guys there who are avoiding soy for this reason: better kill the protien bars cause almost all of them are mostly soy protien and/or soy protien isolate.

Originally posted by beenie
    One thing I should metion for all the guys there who are avoiding soy for this reason: better kill the protien bars cause almost all of them are mostly soy protien and/or soy protien isolate.
    Good point many bars have a combo of proteins and soy is always up there.

Pain

I'll take my chances
    To each his own, but with my body, no chances are ever taken. This ain't no fuckin' crap shoot buddy. It's an incomplete protein anyhow, and with far better proteins out there to support all of the work you do in the gym, why not give yourself the best you can?

U don't put 87 octane gas in a Viper.............

~SC~

LOL......

my buddy also chimed in.......

"soy is for bitches"..............

He's a big mutha fucka, so I ain't tellin' him shit.........

LMFAO.........

~SC~

Re: .....

Originally posted by SwoleCat

U don't put 87 octane gas in a Viper.............

~SC~
    Actually I don't put shit in a Viper........I drive a GEO.

yeah......

w/gas prices these days, that's not a bad car to have!

~SC~

It is at my height and weight....I actually add it in as part of my workouts trying to squezze in and out of that damn car!!! But yeah....$10 to fill up and it goes 315 miles before ya gotta fill up again is kinda nice.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Soy protein if I'm correct on this it increases your natural levels of estrogen. I'd stay away from it if I were you.
    I have read the same.

Thread Information