mustang331 is offline Member

What should I eat during work???

I work 11-8 M-F I am cutting right now and eating chicken breast at like 1pm and a can of tuna @ 4pm then at about 7pm I have a shake or a protein bar and leave at 8pm and go to the gym.

What am I missing here? I am staying low to no carbs right now as well.

Thanks

yellows2k is offline Member
    May I ask why you are doing no to low carb? My definition is low carb is 100-150g but you are probably way less.....

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like breakfast is missing?? Is that all you are eating bro, you need more than that even on a diet.

Pain

OK here is my diet!

I wake up at like 8-9am and have oatmeal with no sugar jelly 8 egg whites with maybe 1 or two yolks, and a protein shake, with flax and glut. and multivit.

Then at 12-1pm I eat the chicken breast then at about 4 pm the tuna and before I leave work for the gym or cardio I have another shake. Then I go home and eat dinner at about 930 or 10 depending when I get home. Dinner is no carbs at all maybe just maybe a little being veggies.

Then somtimes before bed 12am or 1am I will have a some more eggwhites.

You don't eat enough carbs for sufficient energy and you eat too much carbs to go into ketosis.

But if you are progressively getting stronger still and not losing muscle, then by all means stick to it.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Yellows, but what happens next, once youre already pretty lean, dont you start to lose muscle then, as secondary fuel? If I were him Id go on a fool proof diet that is sure to work all the way throughout, with a cheat meal included sometime in the week to trick your body.
    Correct?

Yeah I'd recommend at least 150g of carbs a day and on the cheat day have about 250-300g of carbs, not from junk but maybe an extra cup of oatmeal here, an extra tablespoon of dextrose there, etc.

Whether or not you are lean or not, if you go on a low carb diet muscle loss is basically, guaranteed.

Yellow do you belive there is a diet that will be free from muscle loss? Did you see the pictures that Taus put up in the picture forum? He was taking some clen and some other junk but he seemed to do ok.

OK so what should I do kill all the carbs? Or just keep doing what I am doing? I am far from being LEAN right now, I still have no crazy cuts I am prob. 20% BF or pretty close.. Let me know what kind of food to add or take away and when.. THANKS!

Originally posted by BrokenBricks
    Yellow do you belive there is a diet that will be free from muscle loss? Did you see the pictures that Taus put up in the picture forum? He was taking some clen and some other junk but he seemed to do ok.
    Well aside from great genetics, it seems to me that he knew exactly what he was doing and stayed strict to his diet and his carb loading. It is much easier to retain muscle and lose fat when you use gear, but I have not had any experience with gear so I wouldn't know for sure.

Any reasonable diet can be made to work with minimal muscle loss if followed correctly and along the use of gear I believe its much easier to lose the fat.

Originally posted by mustang331
    OK so what should I do kill all the carbs? Or just keep doing what I am doing? I am far from being LEAN right now, I still have no crazy cuts I am prob. 20% BF or pretty close.. Let me know what kind of food to add or take away and when.. THANKS!
    Up to you, find what works for you now when your body fat is high and you are just new to dieting. That way, when you do find something that works, you can keep at it and then after you bulk again, you will already know what type of diet you are going to do.

Here's a start. Find your maintenance calorie level, you can find a zillion calculators online, www.exrx.net is one. Subtract 500 from the maintenance number, then divide the calories up into appropriate macros(do a search theres tons of info) and follow it closely.

Heres my opinion. unless you are much bigger than 200-225 lb i would suggest this.

day 1
    100 gram carb
    220 pro
    60 fat

Day 2

150 gram carb
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

day 3

200 gram crab
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

repeat once and then have a free day to build up carbs

If you can dont eat untill you do MORNING cardio, morning cardio makes a big difference and cardio on empty stomach is essensial in my POV.
    try to break the calories up into even meals in size and at regular intervals that are convienient. One of the big mistakes (which it seems like you understand) is that our body has a "cave man reflex" if we dont eat often. You body thinks food is hard to find and will hold fat so buffer against possible future food deprivation, just like you would do with money if your paycheck was always correct and enough money, but you never knew when you were going to get it. And if you can, use ketosticks to try to keep yourself JUST out of ketosis.

That is the way i have cut and it always works well and fast for me. Hope it helps some.

Heres my opinion. unless you are much bigger than 200-225 lb i would suggest this.

day 1
    100 gram carb
    220 pro
    60 fat

Day 2

150 gram carb
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

day 3

200 gram crab
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

If you can dont eat untill you do MORNING cardio, morning cardio makes a big difference and cardio on empty stomach is essensial in my POV.
    try to break the calories up into even meals in size and at regular intervals that are convienient. One of the big mistakes (which it seems like you understand) is that our body has a "cave man reflex" if we dont eat often. You body thinks food is hard to find and will hold fat so buffer against possible future food deprivation, just like you would do with money if your paycheck was always correct and enough money, but you never knew when you were going to get it. And if you can, use ketosticks to try to keep yourself JUST out of ketosis.

That is the way i have cut and it always works well and fast for me. Hope it helps some.

This is excellent, carb cycling is key in losing weight so your metabolism doesn't adjust to the same amount of carbs every time!!

day 1
    100 gram carb
    220 pro
    60 fat

Day 2

150 gram carb
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

day 3

200 gram crab
    200 pro
    45 gram fat

For these carbs is ok to eat them in the morning ONLY? I hate eating them so late.

Well you certinaly dont want to eat them before bed. And if i was going to eat them all at once, i would do it in the morning. But, i wouldnt eat them all at once. You have to convince your body that food is all around you, and putting 800 of your 2000 cal diet into one meal will scare your body. Imagine our ancestors, back before agriulture, back when we were evolving. or better yet, imagine gorilas. If food is everywhere the just walk around all day and nibble on whatever plants they come across. It makes sense for its body to want to know that food is around becasue fat makes it less agile. So its metabolism developed mechanisms to adjust its body fat when the gorila was bechaing in a way that suggested that food is everywhere. Conversly, consider when food isnt everywhere. The gorila walks around for a few hours and then finds a good bush with berries, but he is truly hungry now so he eats the whole god damn thing. Then he starts looking again and maybe the next day he finds a bush, and eats it all. In both cases the total calories consumed might be equal, but you can see that the gorila in the second case doent know when he is going to get his next meal, and his body has evolved to protect him from the danger of an extended fast by reducing metabolism and storing fat. Your smart brain cant tell your metabolism that there is a convineince store on every corner if you run out of food in the kitchen. You have to CONVINCE it. So eat like a happy gorilla

"but he is truly hungry now so he eats the whole god damn thing. "

That was a funny line

Ok listen help me out here guys, add some carbs to my day. where and WHAT would u add?

This morning at 10 amI ate a turkey burger with some spinach and green beans with a protein shake and multivit and some glut.

Then about 1 pm I ate about .40 of lean low sod. turkey breast.

and about 3pm 1/2-cup of cottage cheese

Then about 6pm I ate a can of tuna with some olive oil and balsamic.

I will be going to the gym at 730 pm till about 830 or 9pm Then go home and drink a shake with more glut.

I will eat about 8 egg whites with 2 yolks at about 1030pm

or later depending when I go to bed Ok so what am I missing for carbs and where to put them Thanks guys

1pm eat a tablespoon of natural PB

3pm eat 1/2cup of oatmeal with your meal

After your workout, add some dextrose(50g)

Maybe add some flax to your 1030pm meal

that should be about 5-600 more calories right there....

Originally posted by yellows2k
    1pm eat a tablespoon of natural PB

3pm eat 1/2cup of oatmeal with your meal

After your workout, add some dextrose(50g)

Maybe add some flax to your 1030pm meal

that should be about 5-600 more calories right there....

Awesome so breakfast looks good? But yellow that looks perfect and consider it done, but what is Dextrose? 50G?

Dextrose is a simple sugar used to spike insulin post workout. I believe its a 99 on the GI chart and is quickly absorbed in the body which is what you want post workout. You can buy it at the bulk store or places online.

Your breakfast is ok, I dont really like burgers cuz of the bread(I dont eat bread), i would prefer oatmeal, flax seed oil, and a protein shake for breakfast.

Originally posted by yellows2k
    Dextrose is a simple sugar used to spike insulin post workout. I believe its a 99 on the GI chart and is quickly absorbed in the body which is what you want post workout. You can buy it at the bulk store or places online.

Your breakfast is ok, I dont really like burgers cuz of the bread(I dont eat bread), i would prefer oatmeal, flax seed oil, and a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shake for breakfast.
    WOuld honey be kind of like dextrose?

BTW the turkey burger was plain NO BREAD!

sooner45 is offline Member
    What is flax seed oil, and what does it do? Where can yo get it? How much should you take a day according to this peticular diet were talking about?

Billmister is offline Member
    flax seed oil is good to use especially when you mix it with protien because it slowes down the obsorbtion of the protien. Some people would say to take it as your last meal with protien shak.. You can buy it at some GNC and Vitamin shop store. The one i bought says, take one table spoon per 100lb a day. That's what i use. I table spoon mixed in with my protien shake at night before i go to sleep. During the day olive oil with tuna would be good to get the phatty acids you need. am I right?

Thread Information