AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member

Question Plateaued on diet, need new one!!

Ive lost about 30-35 lbs on my current diet of healthy eating of clean foods of low fat, fairly low calorie, carbs unmeasured, protein at around 1.2 g/kilo of mass.

Ive been about 210-215 now for the past 2 months despite adding cardio(cardio took me from 222 to 212) for 45 minute(30-35 in training zone) 3 times a week.

I need a new diet now. I dont think low carb diets work for me because I tried a high protein/low carb diet with cardio a few years ago and after 4-6 weeks I had lost like 2-3 lbs. What do you guys think is the best approach???

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    how long did it take you to lose that much, and what is your bodyfat now?

Sorry I knew I forgot to add details...

Went from 240-245 to 220-225 in 4 months (Sept-Dec) with diet but NO cardio. Went from 220 to 215 by mid Febuarary. Since then I have been hovering between 210-215, closer to to the lower then higher. My waist went from wearing 38's tight but fittable(40's more comfortable) to wearing 36's not tight or loose.

BF went from about 20.1% (measured) at 240 to 15%(estimated) now at 210-215. Im guessing about the 15% b/c I had a weight loss estimate study done 2 summers ago at 240-245 and thats where the 20% value came and it said i should get to like 225 and I'd have a 15% body fat. Ill get it measured again soon.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Your metabolism has probably slowed to make up for the fact that you have been doing low calorie dieting for a while now, your body is smart. Also carbs play a role in the conversion of T4 to T3. I would suggest taking a few days or maybe even a week of upping the cals to a lean bulk number for yourself. This will get your metabolism back pumping again. Then you will be able to shread the pounds again..

Pain

Im gonna go to the gym and get this test where they measure your resting metabolism. Then you can figure in if you do cardio, weights, etc you burn more and plan your calories precisely as well....

Pain what do u mean "a lean bulk number"? how do i know what value that is?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    Im gonna go to the gym and get this test where they measure your resting metabolism. Then you can figure in if you do cardio, weights, etc you burn more and plan your calories precisely as well....

Pain what do u mean "a lean bulk number"? how do i know what value that is?
    That is a number where you notice muscle gain and not fat gain. Usually about 200-300cals above your maintance cals. You have to experiment with your diet and find this.

Pain

Thread Information