Thread: CKD Question

100%bum is offline New Member

CKD Question

When doing the CKD diet, do you carb out for a meal or for a day?
    Also is it safe to take a thermogenic while on this diet scheme?

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

?

what do u mean carb out???????

CKD means u eat fat and protein only M-F

Sat/Sun u eat mostly all carbs, no fat, medium pro.

Outlines aren't all inclusive, however from the information above one can plainly see through deductive reasoning that CKD's are not the best diets out there for losing fat and keeping all lean mass/gaining some.

There are far better!

!~SC~!

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    From personal experience (your results may vary):

I've taken thermogenics while on a CKD with no ill-effect though I'm sure some will tell you to stay away from them (to each his own).

As for carbing up, it's anywhere from 24-48 hours--I generally go for about 30 (start on Friday ~6 PM and end on Saturday night) but YMMV.

And to disagree with Swole a little, I've had fantastic CKD results in the past and have actually been stronger on them and managed to, at the very least, maintain muscle mass all the way through a 12 week regimen in the past--but like I said, YMMV.

One thing is for damn sure: after doing them on and off since the first printing of Body Opus (way back in '96) I am COMPLETELY sick of them

(note: I don't use AS so I'm not sure how that might impact a CKD)
    Last edited by Short_Guy; 04-04-2003 at 10:45 PM.

yeah......

fine to disagree, but all I said is that there are far better...........

~SC~

100%bum is offline New Member

Re: yeah......

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    fine to disagree, but all I said is that there are far better...........

~SC~
    could u give examples please?
    my goal is to lose weight in the belly area.
    I'm a skinny fat guy...

thanks

yeah....

without promoting my service, my diets are better!!! One of the reasons I got into doing what I am doing right now is because of the extreme measures of CKD diets and the numerous drawbacks they have.

Aside from my diets (they work, just read about the 100's on them now!) a TKD or other low carb diet is better. Where, when, how much, with what, and what kind of carbs, are far more important than overall caloric intake. Any diet that is too extreme in nature will be a shock to the body........u may lose weight, it'll be fat and muscle, u won't build any muscle that's for damn sure, and once u eat "normally" again, watch out! Rebound CITY!!!!!!

~SC~

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i have had good and bad experience iwth them first one or two worked great along with thermos, last one i did didnt do to well at all, and always get some rebound, well at least the aftermath of re introducing carbs and water retention which i am prone to.

I have juiced on ckd and not juiced on ckd to be honest it was the only diet where i noticed (0n cycle) where i maintained my strength i was really suprised about that. I have had some diets where i lost alot of strength and felt like shit, but like the bro above i too am sick to fucking death of them lol.

For me key benefit is, as i struggle so much is, they take away my apetite including carb cravings which is really what i need as for me i always give in in the end and then feel like shit.

peace

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    even though its hard to admit..swole is right in that the key is not exactly caloric intake. You see if you eat less calories you'll definately loose weight but as a bodybuilder we are after changing body composititon not just losing weight. Therefore a better approach is using macronutritional manipulation and format it to fit your specifics and yes that is what swole does but....with enough research you can do that yourself hell ill write a diet out for you if you need just ask...It might not adhere to your body type, mass, fat, and schedule as scientifically as swole's but that is the mans job. If you really need help shoot swole a pm but if you can follow a plan and use common sense im sure between swole jason and me we can write you up something .

word.......

thanks 100%, I got it, you have mail 2..............

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Thread Information