john004 is offline Associate Member

Diet for cutting..

Im woundering if someone can help me put together a rather simple diet, right now im 5' 9'' 188 probably 16-17%. I want to be around 12-13%. I've tried dnp in the past with good results, but it drains me really bad, so i figure maybe try a nice lean diet and trow a low 200mg crystal dnp for a month or so and see if i can get good results out of that. Im in college so i want to keep it as simple as possible, i like chicken, brown rice, corn, carrots, apples, egg whites, oats.. thats probably the majority or things i would be able to eat that are good for cutting. Can someone help me plan out something simple, it would be greatly appriciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

quickly.....

corn and carrots are NOT good for cutting.

Horrible actually.

~SC~

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Add some Tuna, other fish when you can, some lean meat (steak, hamb) and replace the carrots and corn with broc, caluflower, green beans. And you should be off to a good start.

Pain

john004 is offline Associate Member
    I wish i liked tuna or fish, they are good for you, but i don't so there out. I want something simple i can basically pre-make so i don't have to cook everyday. I can handle making breakfast everyday, since thats my favorite meal. HOw about something like :

8 am

6 egg whites with ketchup

10 am

protein shake

12 pm

1 cup brown rice
    4 egg whites or 1 chicken breast

2 pm

protien shake

4 pm pre-workout

?? Need help here

7 pm post workout

?? need help here as well

8-9pm

1 cup brown rice
    1 chicken breast
    1 cup veggie.

If i make something simple like this work, that would be awesome. I suck with diets so flame away if im all wrong. Maybe someone can point me in a better direction. As of now, crystal dnp 200mg/day. I want to try and preserve all the muscle possible. Thanks.

First off you can add a couple yolks, you seem to be very low in fat. I would also get some flax. Pre workout try to get complex carbs, or just some protein, chichen or lean beef. Post workout you want whey protein and simple carbs. It looks alright but I would drop those carbs from the rice and get some veggies. It is pretty high in carbs right now with all that rice. Also that cup of rice before bed scares me, I wouldn't have that much carbs that late. Get some healthy fats in you. And try not to rely on protein shakes/bars. Be careful of the ketchup too, 4g carbs per tbsp can add up.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    If you can, ditch the ketchup. It's really bad. To underscore what the other poster have already told you, carrots and corn are bad as are tomatoes. Ketchup adds corn syrup to tomatoes. The comonality with these veggies is that they are particularly high in sugar content, which is counterproductive to cutting.

I would also try not to eat brown rice so late at night. If you insist on eating carbs, the complex cardbs are better than the simple cars, so it's great that you chose brown rice over white rice. That being said you should really cut off all carb within three or four hours of bed time, and probably earlier.

Wow, was Pain thinking down the same lines as me? He must be REALLY smart.

Originally posted by beenie
    Wow, was Pain thinking down the same lines as me? He must be REALLY smart.
    I was just thinking the same thing about you!!!

Pain

Lex Luthor is offline New Member
    hey im back on it, i transfered away from college and i goto school and live at home now, so i can have better acess to foods i need, please feel freee to give all the davice u can, if i cut all my carbs except an am bowl of oatmeal, can i slide with it? or should i just go no carb period.?

I rather cut that bowl and save my carbs for post workout and pre workout. But you will probably be able to get by with a bowl of Real oatmeal in the AM no problem. Depends on what the rest of your day looks like.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've been doing a 1/2 cup oats in the morning and 1/2 cup rice twice a day along with postworkout carbs...totaling at around 150 gram or so and seeing great results so I don't see where a bowl of oats in the morning wil hurt ya. Like Pain said as long as they're real whole oats.

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member

dieting

Any high protien foods would be great. I recently found out that bison/buffalo steaks have all the protien of normal steaks and are much leaner, they taste about the same too. Also I like to to eat frozen shimp, they are naturally fat free, and have no carbs, just pure protien baby.

Fresh shrimp tastes even better and its so easy to make.

Thread Information