Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marman is offline Junior Member

<Ripped for life> My log to getting ripped

Hello fellow bodybuilders/fitness friends. My goal is to shed 8% body fat, by June. Reason for this is I have always wanted to compete in bodybuilding. Here are my current stats

188lbs--18%bf--65" tall

Goal: 10%

Today January 22nd 2012 is my start to a better life. Today I went all out and this is the main reason I am starting this thread. The morning started with an hour of cardio fasted (on bcaa) can't be catabolic lol. Then my meal 1 which I have premade. After that all hell broke lose, cookies pizza cake anything u can think of. This happened ofcourse because of football Sunday haha. Now I claim I shall stick to my diet and this log/community will be my motivation!!

Diet starting 1/22/12: 2300 cals 40/40/20

Meal 1: egg whites and oats

Meal 2,3,4: 4oz chicken complex carb and veggies

Meal 5: custom meal all protein and veggies

Meal 6: scoop natural pb, syntha 6 shake

Workout : 3 day split HIIT weight training(always out of breath about to puke) with 20 min cardio after

Cardio 2 more days separate from weight days at 45-60 min.

Here are some before pics. Does 18% sound accurate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &lt;Ripped for life&gt; My log to getting ripped-image-244976199.jpg   &lt;Ripped for life&gt; My log to getting ripped-image-795278099.jpg   &lt;Ripped for life&gt; My log to getting ripped-image-1994306055.jpg  

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    Good luck Ill be following...

Remember DO NOT go off from the diet. It is key... Have a planned cheat meal but that is all you get.

Good luck

Macon_Bacon is offline Associate Member
    This is just a tip for keeping your diet on track, I would switch up the protein source in your meals 2, 3, and 4 because it is going to get sooooooo old eating just chicken. There are tons of good protein sources out there and the variety will make it easier to stick to the diet. Just my .02

Day 1:Sucess

Workout: Legs Triceps and Abs
    20 min post cardio 135 bpm

Food: Meal 1 skipped because early out to work

Meal 2,3,4: 4oz canned chicken with whole wheat wrap and broccoli

Meal 5: 5oz ground turkey 99% lean, 5oz chicken, 2 cups spring mix salad

Meal 6: strawberries and cool whip + peanut butter and fluff sandwich on light wheat bread. (getting rid of fluff mistake couldnt control sweet craving)

Total 1,828k 137c 63g 215p

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marman View Post
    Here are some before pics. Does 18% sound accurate
    congradulations you are the first person to over estimate their b/f lol i would say approx 15%

Lol that made me laugh. I think I do that with my calories too I'll round up for room for improvement

DanB is offline Banned
    yes its a good thing mate, helps with the motivation

how you feel about my sweet "binge" for meal 6 lol

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    congradulations you are the first person to over estimate their b/f lol i would say approx 15%
    funny^^^

BTW that meal 6... uh..yeh...ur gonna want to get rid of it

What's a good repla***ent for before bed whey or casein shakes aren't satisfying at all

before i go to bed i have 5oz chk breast, 1 C 2% cottage cheese, 2TBS nat peanut butter.. (yes all 3)

Day 2: success

Today was rest day legs killed me yesterday

Only mess up I had was my sweet tooth at night instant sugar free fat free jello pudding.

Cals: wasn't as hungry today

232g protein
    106g carbs
    42g fat

Cravings are so hard I love sweets. Try to mask with broccoli. I'm down on myself for the pudding but in the view of the week it's not a big deal I guess. Only 200 cals

Wednesday weigh in!

184lbs -4lbs

Lost 4 lbs since after holidays this is my first weigh In while dieting. Think it's glycogen and water since not as many crappy foods. But satisfied.

Upset still about night sweet binges. Tonight if I get em I will try

-drinking water
    -canned chicken

Sweet binges.. R they breaking a current pre diet habit or are they new urges?? Like i said chikn,cott cheese, and pb is good b4 bed for me.. I used to be a. Honey bunches of oats,frosted mini wheats,honey nut cheerios,banana,raisins all in a huge bowl with like 20 oz milk.. Rite before bed.. I figd it up at like 900 calories of pretty much all sugar.. Had it daily for months.. Serious addiction to it havent had a bowl in 4 months...

Suck it up and be man... In a month if u replace it with the rite food ull get over it.

Day 3

Workout Hamstrings and Shoulders
    20 min cardio post workout

Diet: No sweet cravings really they seem to be diminishing.

Total of 1,793cals 166c 55f 189p

Obviously if food comes from a cleaner source it is more healthy, but remember the twinkie diet guy. A deficit is a deficit right? so the sweets from past few days should be fine since still in a deficit?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Marman View Post
    Day 3

Workout Hamstrings and Shoulders
    20 min cardio post workout

Diet: No sweet cravings really they seem to be diminishing.

Total of 1,793cals 166c 55f 189p

Obviously if food comes from a cleaner source it is more healthy, but remember the twinkie diet guy. A deficit is a deficit right? so the sweets from past few days should be fine since still in a deficit?
    In theory yes. But, if you ate 1800cals per day that was made up of 90% fat (or even twinkies(i think i know what they are)), you aren't gonna look like you want to. You'd just end up with the wrong type of body composition. As trainees we shouldn't be bothered about 'weight' per se.

The cravings will disappear, it's just your bodies response now to eating at a calorie deficit and it not wanting too. Cravings for fat and sugars is the bodies natural response. Mate, I even go and put a load of washing in, go out for a walk, anything. Take your mind off it, it will pass. In a few weeks, you'll be glad you didn't give in.

Yeh totally understand. Last night I had a ton of calories left so to reach that 18 I had peanut butter and a banana. That beat cravings.

Day 4

Rest day

2100 calories 219g protein 111c 80g fat

Good day salads and chicken pretty much some peanut butter no crazy cravings.

Day 5

Chest and back day

2100 cals no cheating felt good

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    good work man! its such a great feeling when you get to the point where even "thinking" about cheating makes you feel so horrible you smack yourself....the more progress you make the more protective you will be of your gains!! keep it up

keep fightin is offline Associate Member
    great motivation reading this, 18%? you look lower, we have similar builds but as long as testing protocol stays consistent, cool of you to put it on the line keep it going!

Day 6: What is wrong with me?

I did 45 minutes of cardio today, didnt have my meals prepared today due to schedule. Was eating chicken salads and all going well until around 9pm when hanging with friends. They got pizza i had some, then after they left scavenged around the kitchen. Went well over my calories. Its weird I picture myself with the body I want and the motivation is strong, but then when that image fades so does the motivation. I need something to grasp that image. I put some photos on my iphone background for motivation. Not sure.. Back to normal today no fasting or extra cardio to fight the binge. When i do that i tend to get an OCD complex.

-KJ- is offline Productive Member
    You need to stay sharp! Stay focused.. Allow nothing in your way.
    And prepare your meals in advanced a few days. This way they are ready to go.

Day 7

Week 1 is over. It was a rough week alot of cheating. But I feel I have stuff more and more in control.

Today I did some extra chest (off routine) and sprints for 20 minutes. HIIT

1487 calories so far today. Just asked myself am I hungry or are those feelings cravings.... Definately cravings good for today maybe some chicken before bed

Day 8

Legs day damn that was a rough workout. No breaks between sets circuit style. 20 min of HIiT also

1763 cals no cheats

Day 9:

Rest day, weigh in tomorrow. No cheating, I am so hungry at night time though. I gotta check out a recipe for protein fluff I hear its really filling.

1,851 177c 64f 161p

Meal 6 before bed was
    bananna
    2 slices light wheat bread and natural peanut butter... fructose before bed yes or no?

Day 10
    Weigh in: 185.5 +1.5lbs

Hamstrings and shoulders
    Punching bag and weighted sled HIIT

2090 calories

So I gained 1.5 this week. Not very concerned about it. Feel leaner so don't know what it is. Mirror is better too. Measurements are same

peanut butter is ok ..but i wouldnt be eating bananas or bread...light wheat or not...........

Cause their carbs at night?

no cuz the banana is sugar and the light wheat bread is prob sugar too...

and depending on ur choice of peanut butter u may be getting sugar from that too.. i get my PB from fresh market and it starts out as a peanut that i put into a grinder...i dont buy anything that comes already made and labeled "natural peanut butter"

if i was gonna have a peanut butter and banana sandwich id prob go ahead and do it rite and have a snickers bar

Lol damn't ok shes out the window. Back to casein shake. If I'm dying for that I'll do it post workout.

i wouldnt even have that then while cutting... maybe as part of a cheat meal...

Ok gotcha

I keep meal 2,4,5 the same every day switching its contents every 4 days for stability in macros. Do u have any recipes u eat while cutting that taste good.

I'm tired of chicken and salad with a slice of ezekiel. Or canned chicken.

Day 11 rest day nothing crazy

Didn't count calories today. Usual chicken and salads. Breakfast was life cereal with almond milk

one thing i eat alot of is chikn breast and lean ground beef patties.. usually ill cook several of both in the same pan.. first i get the pan hot and put a little evoo in there.. then u put some soy sauce and choppd onion and minced garlic and get that going.. then i put the meat in there with a generous amt of more soy sauce.. sear the meat on both sides.. also adding a fair amt of watever spices u like..(garlic powder,pepper,smokehouse maple seasoning).. then i add water into the mix.. put a lid on it and let it simmer for awhile flipping the chikn and burger every 5 mins or so.. after its cookd awhile the water mixes with the soy sauce and it reduces into a gravy/sauce thats pretty good i like salty food.. then i put it into tupperware and pour the sauce over it and/or eat some of it rite then if its a meal time..

i do the same thing in a difft pan with broccoli.. which i eat with either the chikn or burger..

Day 12: chest and back

1958 calories

Had really bad cravings for peanut butter and fluff at night and cereal so made this ommelette.

Tried my jeans on today and they were really uncomfortable >.>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails &lt;Ripped for life&gt; My log to getting ripped-image-3114807000.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information