chinups Guest

missing 5th meal

I eat my last meal at work at 3:30, leave work but I get home at 6 and go to gym. Should I eat before gym?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Are you trying to bulk or cut? If cutting I'd say just get a shake in, if bulking and your bf is managable, than go ahead and get a light meal in.

chinups Guest
    I am trying to cut. I just don't like the fact of not eating anything from 3:30 til 8ish. I do have post protein shake a half hour within the end of workout.

Thanks Tex you are always wuick to answer...

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I always get some carbs and protein before the gym. I would suggest not going that long without nurishment.
    Nothing big, maybe 1/2 cup oats and scoop of whey, or a lean piece of meat.

chinups Guest
    You think a nice cup of oats would do te trick pheedno. Not sure why but I hate taken in too much protein during the day in the form of a shake plus I am having a shake right after the gym. Maybe I will have a nice piece of chicken with slic of whole wheat bread.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    A quickie that works for me when i'm in a hurry is in a blender toss in maybe 1/2 cup of oats and 1 scoop of protein with either just water or toss in a few ice cubes.

Billmister is offline Member
    i got a great idea I got from someone on the board. What i do is mix my protien shake... and the shake i get from that add it to the oats and microwave it. after 2 minutes of macrowave my aots come out with the sucked out flavor of the protien shake. Tasts GREAT to me. You might want to try that out if it helps.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Since your cutting I would say have a piece of meat and a scoop or two of flax around 5:30. Use your carbs early in the day and in your PWO drink. I know personally when I eat carbs prior to a training session, I tend to feel heavier and my workout suffers a little as a result.

Thread Information