olympia81 is offline Junior Member

Cheating On Sunday

i am trying lose lose my bodyfat right now then conncentrate on bulking up....not to say i dont have some size now but is cheating on sunday gonna set me back???? its hard to be good when everyone else around you is eating a burger and your eating a plain chicken breast sometimes i guess you just have to cheat

chinups Guest
    I feel you have to change it up once in a while or your body will get use to it. A buddy of mine cheats like one meal every 4 days (2 slices of pizza, cheesesteack) and he is ripped. I also know alot of people that take the whole weekend off or just a sunday. I just hate feeling bloated monday.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Try to just give yourself 1 cheat meal a week and see how that goes. 1 meal isn't going to throw your whole diet off.

chinups Guest
    Tex are you trying to say that you cheat once a weak. damn I need to step up my game.....

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Try to just give yourself 1 cheat meal a week and see how that goes. 1 meal isn't going to throw your whole diet off.
    Depends on the meal. haha. I have had some bad ones. JK. Don't look at it as a cheat meal look at it as a carb up or metabolism boost meal. your body needs it. Low cals for a period of time will slow your T4 to T3 conversion and thereby slow your metabolism.

Pain

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO cheating on the weekends can do your body more good than harm if your following a strict diet during the week and you do it correctly. However, realize my idea of cheating does not constitute eating whatever you want but rather eating clean without writing and breaking down each and every meal. I try to stick to my regular diet for the most part on these two off days (while keeping carbs to a minimum) with the exception of allowing myself two meals each day to eat whatever I want. I use these cheat meals to shock my system and reward myself for eating clean throughout the week. Olympia, if your following a good strict diet, it's only 1 or 2 out of 40 or so meals. Go ahead, eat away! US

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Personally, I believe that as long as you're sticking to your diet during the week, a whole day of cheating your ass off won't set you back much. I mean, everyone is differerent, but i dropped 3% body fat in a month by doing a low-calorie keto diet during the week, and eating till i couldn't move on saturdays. I'm actually starting to eat a lot better on my off-days, but for a while I was eating about 4000 cals (and i'm a girl, 120lbs..so this is insane for me) and ridiculous amounts of fat and sugar. One day, I literally ate a pound of chocolate...on top of everything else i ate that day...and still saw results. My boyfriend also dropped a significant amount of weight and body fat doing the same thing...so, while eating clean is definitely better than eating like shit, i wouldn't sweat one day of eating slightly worse than usual.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by chinups
    Tex are you trying to say that you cheat once a weak. damn I need to step up my game.....
    Actually chins....I cheat maybe once a month if even that. I do carb up once a week but as for eating crappy or going out and eating something greasy and covered in cheese, well that hardly happens. I'm pretty hard on myself and can't really bring myself to cheat and eat anything that has no value towards my goals. It isn't easy eating my chicken, rice, and spinach salad when the wife is chowing down a burger and fries or some pizza.

Thread Information