chinups Guest

Found a maniac in my fridge at 2:30 am

Every night I wake up, almost like a sleep walk and stroll into the kitchen and eat whatever is in my way within 30 seconds and I mean I am talking in sandwhiches or anything else I see and I do it fast and then fall asleep within 40 seconds after. Does this happen to anyone else does anyone care to share storeis?

For now on I will have something lite ready for me in the fridege. Any ideas besides protein shakes, then tend to get dense when they sit.

Chins

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Turkey bacon is one of my favorite. 4 peices cold has 12g protein and 3g fat. Usually does the job for me. I love it cold too.

Pain.

chinups Guest
    Pain- Good idea but I am wondering if that is too much fat for the middle of the night?

FYI-Pain Responds to every thing on this board. Thanks bro and I you got my support for a mod man.

Chins

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i keep a bowl of hard boiled egg whites in the fridge....

cold bacon????

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've done the egg whites, different lunch meats, protein shakes. I've found what works for me is to stick with the shakes or have some cicken cooked up and waiting for me. Nothing like some cold chicken at 2:30 in the morning!

Thanks chins, I am usually doing low carb diets so that little amount of fat with no carbs doesn't effect me in anyway.

Pain

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

hell......

better to eat fat and protein at night and over-do that, then to grab a bowl of cereal and go hog ass wild.........

I ain't talkin' no small bowl........I'm talking an "Ice Cube, Friday" type bowl of cereal, but yes YOU have milk!

Chin, for real bro, I feel ya.............everynight I deal w/those cravings especially while dieting. I had to make signs to put up in the kitchen, on the cabinets/fridge, and on the walls leading to the kitchen to deter me from indulging. It works.

~SC~
    Last edited by RON; 04-09-2003 at 06:53 PM.

Damn swole, I will have to try that. Sunday I eat like a pig. I was stuck in my house all day and I was bored out of my mind. All I think I did was eat.

Pain

chinups Guest
    I love to hear that man, cause right now I am dieting real hard to get ready for summer and sometimes I get some hard cravings and need something and when u don't realize what you are doing it is over.

Swole-I did not understand the first part of the post.

He was saying it's better to over do it on protein and fat than to over do it on carbs. I'm not sure just how "good" it is for ya, but actually just a small spoonfull of peanutbutter can help keep you with nightime hunger.

Back when I was in the service and we would be doing manuevers it would suck cause I would get hungry as hell, but a spoonfull of peanutbutter would settle my stomach until morning chow.

yeah........

now that I looked at my post, WTF?? I don't understand it either............weird board formatting issue I guess?

~SC~
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Found a maniac in my fridge at 2:30 am-6109559_20020812_215916_20020812215916.jpg  

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Re: yeah........

Originally posted by SwoleCat
    now that I looked at my post, WTF?? I don't understand it either............weird board formatting issue I guess?

~SC~
    There thats better huh .

yeah.......

thanks! Not sure what I did wrong, but thanks!

~SC~

olympia81 is offline Junior Member
    i get hungry at 1......lol but i usually resist myself i feel like i am a crack addict needing a fix it gets bad sometimes:

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    i Fill up a shaker with water and when i wake up at night it's the same routine drop a scoop of protein in shake while i'm going down the hall to take a piss finish both then hit the sack. It's weird it's like an involuntary thing now i just know i'm going to wake up at 2-4am so i started to prepare my shaker before i went to bed about a month ago and now it's a normal thing.

chinups Guest
    I have been really strict now for some time but a funny thing one night happened, I woke up around 3 (kinda sleep walking) and ripped out like 15 hersey kisses and ate them followed by a tall glass of milk. My GF said if I was fat she would have broke up with me....

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    You should set up a video camera to catch some of this stuff. Montel said that he would wake up in the morning and find the fridge raided, he would eat like a mother and not remember it, it's a form of sleep walking. You should take your story to montel and invite all the AR members. It would look like a BB contest, the studio would hold half as many people.

That's messed up that she said that.....was she kiding cause if not then that means she really doesn't care about ya.

chinups Guest
    Nah she was just joking with me, we actually get a good laugh. Hey Tex, is this b/c our metabolisms are going crazy that this happens?

'm not sure what it's caused by....if you're still somewhat asleep doing it, it could be what they were talking about on Oprah one time. It's very common. With me, it's the alarm clock that wakes me upt o drink my shake. When I'm dieting and not getting in the calories I'm used to than yeah it's my metab. that makes me wake up starving.

Thread Information