FatRookie is offline New Member

alittle here...alittle there

If someone could help with alittle something here or there. I am trying to get me some abs for summer, so gotta cut it up. Here is my meals, any help would be greatly appreciated.

meal 1:
    oatmeal
    coffee/protein shake

Workout:

meal 2:
    Protein shake
    orange juice
    turkey sandwich

meal 3:
    Steak and eggs

meal 4:
    chickan breast

meal 5:
    protein shake/water
    turkey

any help would be great.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I would keep protein in all your meals. I don't know if you want to eat a lot of red meat while trying to cut up. It all depends on you though. But red meat has a lot of fat and that could hinder some of your goals.

yellows2k is offline Member
    i would cut the bread, juice, steak, and eggs depending on how u are cooking them. Steak is ok for a cheat meal like once a week. And also whenever possible, real food is always better than a shake. and also, you don't have a decent post workout meal(shake) consisting of whey and simple carbs...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Re: alittle here...alittle there

meal 1:
    oatmeal
    coffee/protein shake

First off I'd go with 1/2 cup oats and instead of a shake why not 6-8 egg whites.

Workout:

meal 2:
    Protein shake
    orange juice
    turkey sandwich

drin kthe protein shake right after your workout along with the oj, save the sandwhich for about 30 minutes afterwards.

meal 3:
    Steak and eggs

I'd go with some chicken breast and veggies here

meal 4:
    chickan breast

Toss some veggies here and maybe some more carbs since this is your 2nd post wo meal.

meal 5:
    protein shake/water
    turkey

Get some fl;ax and add it to the shake and maybe some green leafy veggies with the turkey

any help would be great. [/B][/QUOTE]

xenithon is offline Member
    meal 1:
    oatmeal
    coffee/protein shake

don't have a shake, get some real food. I would say egg whites (no yolks since you are having carbs via oatmeal)

Workout:

meal 2:
    Protein shake
    orange juice
    turkey sandwich

cut the sandwhich out. have the shake with simple carbs. oj is ok, but nowhere near ideal. I am sure you have seen many people talking about dextrose - try it! I am also leaning out and dextrose has been working great even while cutting. if you can't get hold of that, I think the next best thing during cutting would be honey.

meal 3:
    Steak and eggs

here you want carbs, protein, and little fat. thus I would go for a whole lean protein source like poultry, fish, veal etc. I would also have some fibrous veggies or a salad (or some low GI complex carbs if your body is not too carb-sensitive, since this is your post postworkout meal, carbs could be a good addition, like oats, rice, sweet potato etc.)

meal 4:
    chickan breast

veggies - get that fibre in. its healthy and will keep you full. I would also add some healthy fats here since there are almost no carbs. try some olive/flax oil; some nuts etc.

meal 5:
    protein shake/water
    turkey
    I am assuming this is you meal right before bed. the shake is ok, but add some fat to slow absorption, eg. a tablespoon of flax oil. i don't think there's a need for the turkey here

Thread Information