Billmister is offline Member

Question question on post workout

A question for someone tha can help with my question. Ok it's said that it's great to take some type of good sugar like dextros after a good entencidy of working out, then 30minutes to 1 houre later hit the protien shake with good amount of carbs. so...

"Foods with higher glycemic values produce a faster rise In blood sugar (glucose) than foods with lower values. Nothing produces a faster rise in blood glucose than pure glucose, with a glycemic index of 100. It is generally considered better to have a slow and steady rise in blood glucose rather than a sudden rise in blood glucose.
    These fruits are good to eat:
    Apple, GI = 40
    Banana, GI = 51
    Cherries, GI = 22
    Grapes, GI = 43
    Mango, GI = 41
    Orange, GI = 31
    Peach, GI = 28
    Pear, GI = 31
    Plum, GI = 24"

Does this mean right after working out i should eat like say, and apple or banana, and then 30 minutes to 1 hour later take my shake? I work out late, at 8-8:30pm to 10:30pm. When i go home i usually take whey protein with one table spoon of flax oil. I'm taking my gallon of water a day, and started to eat better. The thing is this. I weight myself and i did loose about 2lb already. My power has not lowered at all, in fact in some things my power is accually increasing. Does this mean i'm doing things right? Because i see my self a bit smaller, like i feel like i might be loosing a bit of muscle. since i'm a thin guy (155lb) should i maintain my carbs medium? here's what i do.

Meal 1 - 6 egg whites, 1 with yolk, half a cup of oats heated with water

Meal 2 - one tbl spoon PB with a can of tuna

Meal 3 - Chicken breast/salmon cooked on the jorge forman grill with broccolie

Meal 4 - Meal replacement

Meal 5 -Can of tuna with oatmeal

Meal 6 - Whey protein 2 scoops (45g pro) with one tbl spoon of flax oil

Also one more quick question, and sorry to ask to many questions... I was searching and searching, what is PWO i read a lot of people mention that. thank you and sorry for the many questions

Vice is offline Associate Member
    You gotta eat more

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Re: question on post workout

Originally posted by Billmister
    A question for someone tha can help with my question. Ok it's said that it's great to take some type of good sugar like dextros after a good entencidy of working out, then 30minutes to 1 houre later hit the protien shake with good amount of carbs. so...

"Foods with higher glycemic values produce a faster rise In blood sugar (glucose) than foods with lower values. Nothing produces a faster rise in blood glucose than pure glucose, with a glycemic index of 100. It is generally considered better to have a slow and steady rise in blood glucose rather than a sudden rise in blood glucose.
    These fruits are good to eat:
    Apple, GI = 40
    Banana, GI = 51
    Cherries, GI = 22
    Grapes, GI = 43
    Mango, GI = 41
    Orange, GI = 31
    Peach, GI = 28
    Pear, GI = 31
    Plum, GI = 24"

Does this mean right after working out i should eat like say, and apple or banana, and then 30 minutes to 1 hour later take my shake? I work out late, at 8-8:30pm to 10:30pm. When i go home i usually take whey <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> with one table spoon of flax oil. I'm taking my gallon of water a day, and started to eat better. The thing is this. I weight myself and i did loose about 2lb already. My power has not lowered at all, in fact in some things my power is accually increasing. Does this mean i'm doing things right? Because i see my self a bit smaller, like i feel like i might be loosing a bit of muscle. since i'm a thin guy (155lb) should i maintain my carbs medium? here's what i do.

Meal 1 - 6 egg whites, 1 with yolk, half a cup of oats heated with water

Meal 2 - one tbl spoon PB with a can of tuna

Meal 3 - Chicken breast/salmon cooked on the jorge forman grill with broccolie

Meal 4 - Meal replacement

Meal 5 -Can of tuna with oatmeal

Meal 6 - Whey <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> 2 scoops (45g pro) with one tbl spoon of flax oil

Also one more quick question, and sorry to ask to many questions... I was searching and searching, what is PWO i read a lot of people mention that. thank you and sorry for the many questions
    Yeah you want a big insulin spike immediately following a workout for maximum muscle glycogen recovery. You want a post-workout drink (aka PWO) consisting of a high glycemic carb such as dextrose or malodextrin to quickly deliver the protein and amino's to your depleted muscles. About an hr later take in the same amount of carbs and proteins as you had in your PWO drink. Go with high GI carbs when bulking or low GI carbs when cutting in your PPWO meal. Hope this helps...US
    PS Increase your carbs and eat them earlier in the day.

Billmister is offline Member
    ok sounds good. so i need a pwo with dextrose or something with glycogen recover drink. and then 30-1 hour later take the shake with same amount of pro and carbs. Sounds good and thank you both for your fast response, and i will add more carbs to my diet. thank you

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    First off you're it doesn't look like you getting enough calories. Second, immediatly after workout you want a dextrose protein shake. Then an hour to an hour and a half later you want your first post workoutmeal of high protein moderate carbs.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    All the others have hit the nail on the head.

Pain

Thread Information