sooner45 is offline Member

I think I'm losing mass!!!!!!!

I'm on a high protein and low carb diet. I get about 75-125 carbs a day and about 200g of protein, mostly from lean meats, but shakes too.......Im on a deca 300 cycle.....I'm in my 5th week and still not seeing noticable gains........I'm wondering about my calories??? I cant remember if its carbs or calories that your not getting enough of if it will start eating away your muscle....it maybe both, hell if I know?? I'm wondering if I need to bumb up my cal or carb intake to make sure I stay away from muscle decrease? I can tell a little difference in my stomach, so I know its working, but dont want to sacrifice mass. Been on the Deca for 5 weeks, but the diet I have been on for about 2 months...........any help would be GREATLY appreciate guys!! Thanks!!!

p.s. I do have 1 cheat day to reset my motabolism just in case that info was needed.......

I am also taking 1tbsp of flax and 1 tbsp of nat PB too.....so I know I got to be getting my healthy fats in........

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    What are your stats? Your carb intake is extremely low bro. I consume about 500g while on a bulk cycle.

calidude is offline Senior Member
    If you are on a deca cycle (what else with it?) you need to bump your carb intake by at least 2x . you are not getting enough of it and probably not enough protein either. What are your current stats???

5'10" 195.......If its possible....I want to trim my body fat up(in the stomach mostly)......and put some muscle on.......honestly, the only sources of my carbs per day are about a 1/2 cup of oats in the morning, and either some brown rice in the afternoon........OR a sweet potato......thats my carbs........

Up the carbs bro. Your about my size(5'10 190-10%BF)

If your trying to cut up some fat, do it in your carb timing and cardio.
    I would suggest not mixing carbs and fats in your meals. Take in 8 meals a day. First 5 with carbs, last 3 without.

I would put the carbs at about 280-300. 60g in each of the 5 meals.

Cardio in the A.M before food.

what kinds of food do you eat for your carb intake???

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Get grain, oats, rice,... for most of your carbs get your post workout High GI carbs. Cutting and gaining muscle is very hard to do at the same time. EVEN WITH AS.

Pain

So if I'm gettin about 250-300g of carbs and about 200-250g of protein a day I should not lose mass and with good cardio I should lost the BF off the stomach?!?!?!

Originally posted by sooner45
    So if I'm gettin about 250-300g of carbs and about 200-250g of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> a day I should not lose mass and with good cardio I should lost the BF off the stomach?!?!?!

If you loose bodyfat it won't be just from the stomach, it will be from everywhere. Their is no such thing as spot reduction.

My advise would to be either cut or bulk, not both. Both can be done, but as stated by PITA, it's extremely hard.

dangit is offline Member
    I agree with getting at around 300 grams of carbs while on AAS and trying to get a bit cut. Bring your protein up a little if your scared of loosing muscle. I weight around the same as you and I ingest at least 250grams of protein while cutting. The main thing is to keep your saturated fats down. I also make sure not to have any carbs at all at leat 2-3 hours before going to be when cutting. I just have a low carb protein shake or a plaine chicken breast before bed.

Thread Information