Thread: PCT Diet

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

PCT Diet

I will starting PCT in just about 2 weeks.

Is there are list of best foods to eat? Best foods to try to keep most of the gains I have made.

From what I understand it's mainly high protein and high cholesterol.

Anything else to focus on in my diet during this time?

Also is there any supps that help at all?

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Whatsup dude I remember your thread in the Anabolic section.

Do you have a guesstimation of your calorie and macro intake during your cycle? Also listing your stats before and after the cycle will help myself and other members when they're looking at your diet.

The main focus is going to be eating the same or more then what you were eating on cycle so that you can maintain your gains that you worked hard for on cycle.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the reply man.

I started at 185 pounds and 15% BF. I got to 221 pounds and 22% BF. I'm not going to lie, my diet is crappy. I eat a lot of shit(a lot of red meat, very heavy protein shakes, brown rice, a shit ton of whole eggs and ton of oats)

I never watched my macros, just try to eat as much as possible of protein dense foods.

I can't fit in more food than what I already eat. I feel full the whole time I am awake. I also wanted to start eating throughout the night. But, I just haven't yet since the am is the only time I feel like my stomach is not stretched to the Max.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    From what I understand it's mainly high protein and high cholesterol.

^^^ This. Shrimp, read meat, egg yolks, liver... Also some fat sources, especially nuts and EVOO. Natural butter (grassfed, minimal processing) if you can find any.

Anything else to focus on in my diet during this time? Yes, increased overall cals. Better from the mentioned fat sources above than carbs IMO.

Also is there any supps that help at all? Vitamin C 1000mg x 3 ED; Clen if you consider this a part of your supplementation product.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, thank you for the info.

What will clen do while I'm on pct? I thought it was more of a weight loss stimulant.

Thanks for the reply man.

I started at 185 pounds and 15% BF. I got to 221 pounds and 22% BF. I'm not going to lie, my diet is crappy. I eat a lot of shit(a lot of red meat, very heavy protein shakes, brown rice, a shit ton of whole eggs and ton of oats)

I never watched my macros, just try to eat as much as possible of protein dense foods.

I can't fit in more food than what I already eat. I feel full the whole time I am awake. I also wanted to start eating throughout the night. But, I just haven't yet since the am is the only time I feel like my stomach is not stretched to the Max.
    I wouldn't necessarily say you ate shit if those were majority of the foods you ate. I know some people who when they bulk they eat whatevers insight like burritos, pizza, ice cream, take out, you name it.

You're going to have the most success with building a diet and following it throughout the day instead of just guessing your calories and macros. I would go with a 3800-4000 cal diet with the healthy choices for your macros.

As Turk mentioned as well, you can incorporate Clen , It has anabolic traits and can help with the BF.

Blog Entries
    Knowing the diet I totally agree with. I think throughout the whole cycle I ate pizza once and McD's once.

I am working on a basic solid daily diet. So I know what I am eating every day. So far I am at about 3200 cal per day.

As far as clen goes. Will it cause muscle loss? I just never considered it before.

Clen helps increase the rate of fat being metabolized which helps the body use fat as energy instead of muscle proteins which in turn spares muscle mass. It's a thermogenic and has the same traits as a stimulant like caffeine or ephedrine but after a while it loses its effects after a few weeks depending on the dosage. That's why most people run it 2 weeks on 2 weeks off to let there beta 2 receptors recharge.

The key point is getting your diet corrected, that should be your number 1 priority, clen is no magic worker and is pretty much completely useless if you don't have your diet in check.

gymsoldier is offline Associate Member
    What will clen do while I'm on pct? I thought it was more of a weight loss stimulant.
    It'll reduce cortisol levels as far as I'm aware.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by samson_420
    Awesome, thank you for the info.

It's anti catabolic. It can help retention of lbm if your diet is on point, but most people use clen as a thermogenic.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Also I was planning on keeping this diet up after PCT for a few months.

Is that necessary to keep most of my LBM gains? Specially since now I will have a bit of fat to lose.

Do NOT even consider cutting during PCT.

The idea here is this: your natural test levels are low during PCT and it is impossible to build new muscle tissue. Moreover, it is vital that you try to hold on to the new muscle tissue that was recently built during your cycle, which has next to nil maturity and memory, hence is very easy to loose. Thus, you make a wise choice between trying to maintain this new muscle tissue and gaining of BF%. You ought to gain a certain amount of BF% in order to NOT sacrifice this brand new tissue, which is why cutting right after any cycle is a pretty lousy idea altogether. I have seen people do it in the past, they have lost most of their gains if not all just for the sake of keeping a low BF%, they have all regretted this practice later but what was done was done.

Blog Entries
    I fully understand that, what is the least time you suggest I keep this heavy diet after PCT before I hit a solid cut? I want to run my usual EC stack.

TJ is that you in the avatar?

In addition, cholesterol is the building block of testosterone , meaning your body synthesizes testosterone from cholesterol, which is why we relentlessly advice to follow a high cholesterol diet during PCT. Furthermore, certain sources of natural fats are also known to play a role in increasing the amount of cholesterol being converted to testosterone, EVOO being first and foremost, followed by avocados, nuts, seeds, dairy...

Clen is known to have muscle sparing properties, and ''how'' and ''why'' parts of this subject has been already explained above.

Vitamin C has cortisol suppressing properties, which is why it is advised to take 1000mg x 3 ED.

I fully understand that, what is the least time you suggest I keep this heavy diet after PCT before I hit a solid cut? I want to run my usual EC stack.
    The best answer to this question can only be provided by blood work.

A typical PCT protocol lasts for about 4 weeks, however, full recovery of natural hormones will take many more weeks.

You should get your blood work done maybe in about a month after your PCT is over and see the current Test levels, if you have fully recovered then I don't see why you wouldn't start cutting.

Blog Entries
    Okay, that sounds like a real good idea.

So, if the test is back to good solid levels I am safe to run a cut? Makes sense, low test = say good bye to muscle.

Thread Information