optionsdude is offline Member

Cardio questions

Hi guys and gals been reading a lot of posts here and will post a diet for you all to critique soon. I recently had surgery to repair an umbilical hernia. I just got clearance from the dr to do cardio and I am going to make the most out of my time off to shed some body fat. Stats are 5'9" 190 and approx 15% BF. overall good shape but when I am at work I am limited to the amount of time to spend at the gym. I usually do 1/2 hr cardio before work and 30-45 min of stretching and lifting after work. I have read in most of the threads to do at least 45 min of cardio. Is it better to get my heart rate to the max 150-160 bpm or stay in a lower bpm range in the mid to upper 120's? Oh and my goal is to get back to 12% BF.

Thanks

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you have 45mins to spend on cardio, you won't need your HR to be higher than 125-130 bpm, as this will burn fat and only fat.

optionsdude is offline Member
    Thanks Turkish. I think I could actually go more than 45 min keeping it in the 125-130 range. Since I'll have a lot of extra time now I'm going to shoot for 45 min fasted cardio in the morning with a good long walk. And then try to do 45-60 in the afternoon at the gym. I'm slowly learning how to do all of this properly. In my younger days of training and fitness I could have been so much leaner and bulkier. I concentrated on a high carb diet. I used to eat nothing but oatmeal,bagels,and apples from breakfast throughout the day and then have a moderately high protien dinner. Oh one stat I forgot to put in my original stats I am 46.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do 45 mins twice a day of cardio on the treadmill with HR at 125 bpm when I start cutting, usually 5 times a week.

First session is fasted AM, second is after lifting PM.

I don't even bother with any cutters like Clen or ECA when I do this, only 200mg Caffeine about 15 min before I start my cardio.

With all simple sugars removed from my diet, this regimen melts fat like there is no tomorrow and gives me results in usually less than 8 weeks...

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ turkish thats dedication dude! after cutting for so long the thought of cardio 5x per week is more than i wanna do (LOL) let alone twice per day! im sure it has good results though..

Thread Information