I know what to eat/how much to eat..now WHEN do I eat

Like the title says. I know to eat an hour or 2 before my workout and shake RGIHT AFTER my workout and good meal an hour after that. But when is the best time to eat carbs? Fats?

I see some of the pros talking about "when" to eat is the key.

Anyone shed some light?

dangit is offline Member
    I'm not a pro, but I try and keep my carbs high in the morning and during the day and try not to have any before bed time.

I don't worry about my fat intake since I watch what I eat and it should stay pretty low because of this.

Just a quick example of what I'd take in would be this:

7AM- breakfast- 100grams of carbs 40 grams of protein (orange juice, oatmeal, egg whites)

10AM - 100 grams of carbs 40 grams of protein(potatoes, greens, chicken breast)

1PM - 100 grams of carbs 40 grams of protein (same as above)

3PM - workout with 20 grams of protein and apple just before I go to the gym.

4:30PM - protein shake (40 grams of protein, 100 +grams of simple carbs)

6:00PM - super (oatmeal pancake, 40g protein, 60grams of carbs)

9PM - protein shake (40 grams of protein... no carbs)

might throw in some bananas in there and apples. If I have something real crappy for supper, then I have a protein shake with it.

That looks pretty good. Shouldn't you be eating more complex arbs before your workout?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I've been following the advice of a few guys on here and been keeping my carbs moderatly low during the day and all meals after myw orkout I increases my carbs. Here's a layout of what it looks like.
    Meal 1- 27g- carbs, 32g protein
    Meal 2- 20g- carbs. 72g protein
    Meal 3- 11g- carbs, 32g protein
    Meal 4- 20g carbs, 72g protein
    Meal 5- 44g protein (shake)
    Workout
    Meal 6- 60g carbs(dextrose), 44g protein (shake)
    Meal 7- 44g carbs, 60g protein
    Meal 8- 44g carbs, 60g protein
    Meal 9- 40g protein
    Bed

Been doing this for a week now coming off a low carb diet and feeling good. I used to worry about eating carbs late in the evening, but a very knowledgeable bro here pointed out that when I workout hard, eating them at night post workout won't do me harm but rather help me recover. So far no unwanted weight gain from it.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    the one thing i've learned is your diet is soo important on a routine, once you establish it...stick to it

i've heard of people eating every hour to people eating every three, i'm a believer in 6-8 meals a day, 2-3 hours apart....but, from what i can tell...when you eat is up to you, just be consistent, your body demands it

I am just coming off a no carb (ckd) diet as well. I have not been counting grams or cals, just eating really clean and working my way up to more food every couple of days.

I hate counting cals and grams, so I will only do it if I need to. I did count for about a month, so I roughly know what I am intaking every day. And once in a while I will count all day just to make sure I am in check!!

texan, I also recently read that it is good to eat carbs before bed while tring to get bigger so I will be doing that shortly.

Off topic question here....why not just put straight sugar in your post workout drink?

Thread Information