buffmike is offline Junior Member

DExtrose Post workout question

Once i get off my cell tech in a month, I am going to be looking to still provide my body w a spike after immediatly after I lift. Is there any way to do this without dextrose? Are there any other immediate carbs I can take to restore glycogen levels? I just dont feel too confident in the amount of sugar I'm putting into my body and bf levels.
    Secondly, should I take my post workout shake after I lift, then do cardio? orrrrr take it immediatly after I lift and do cardio. Any help as always is appreciated.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    If you're an EXTREME athlete, D-Ribose will help you out...But it takes extreme levels of activity to justify taking D-Ribose.

L8

chinups Guest
    Do a search on this. There is a post that everyone posted on to say what they use intead of dextrose.

dangit is offline Member
    I'd take my shake right after you do cardio if you're doing your cardio right after your lifting.

When I was cutting down to go into a competition, I did an hour workout, followed by a 1/2 hour cardio session. Right after that, I would take a shake with 40 grams of protein and 60-90grams of simple carbs. Didn't affect my fat levels at all and I still burnt fat.

Don't worry about injesting simple sugars right after a workout. You're suppose to do this. It won't make you fat. Now eating junk during the day and having high carb snacks at night are what is going to make you fat.

I've always kept my carb intake high after a workout even when dieting. If I don't, then I feel like crap after a heavy workout and my muscles take longer to recouperate.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    dangit could not of said it better myself

buffmike is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the help eevryone......I'll take your advice dangit

Thread Information