warmouth is offline Productive Member

Can someofyou experts help me out with an impossible diet?

I love reading the diet you guys comeup with and think they are awesome. I need areal-world mans diet. I work from 7am-6pm everyday execptsome weekends. I amwanting to getabit bigger intime for mid April and should have time. My starts are:
    30 y/o
    175Lbs
    11%BF
    5'10"

I want to add a bit of weight so I can cut backand have that hard look at the beach this spring. I am willing to do whatever is needed. Id like to be at 185 and solid as a brick by then. I cant eat 6-8 whole foodmeals a day because I am inconstruction. I usually pack someboiled eggs, cup of Greek yogurt, 4 protienshakes, granola bars, tuna cans, dried fiberONE cereal. I eat a biscuit atmcdonalds, then off too work. Comein andeat usout of house andhome. Any help would be appriciated! Thank you. Pleasefeel freeto tweak what you think.

mxer657 is offline Junior Member
    How many calories a day are you getting Currently? I'd up it 100+ what you are taking in now each week until you find your sweet spot. Then you'll start to lean out and you can add another 100 per day

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Let's start with you posting up your current diet so we can get an idea of your eating habits. Time of day for meals as well as accurate macro info is appreciated.

Ok, here is an honest sample diet monday thru friday. Weekends I cando the whole foods much easier.

Today:
    8AM - McDonalds Sausage Egg and cheese biscuit
    10AM WPS and BCAAs
    12PM- 5 boiled eggs, threw 2 yolks away, small whole wheat sandwich bread with natural PBand natural Strawberry Jam
    2PM- WPS and BCAAs
    4PM Herseys Milk Chug (Cookie N Cream) has 58 carbs, 19grams protien
    5PM- Workout
    7PM- 3 whole eggs, 6 egg whites scrambled together, 1 slice wheat bread, 1 glass of 2% milk
    10PM- 1 cup non fat greek yougurt
    11PM- should be in bed

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Thanks for the honesty. Don't take my harshness as negative - but REALLY? McDonald's? Hershey's Milk? You've GOTTA know that they have no place in a diet where the goal is achieving a nice physique. Based on your stats you're a thin guy, so you may be able to get away with eating like this (for now) from a bodyfat standpoint, but you'll never grow any muscle.

Honestly, your diet is terrible. Other than a few eggs and a little dairy, you have no protein - no meat at all (i'm not even bothering to count that sausage patty).

You should really refer to the sticky's and educate yourself on the fundamentals of diet and nutrition. Please do so, then come back and post up a completely new diet - don't even bother revamping this one, i'd just scrap it and start over tbh.

Good luck!

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    my gf bought fiberONE cereal bars 100 calories one time.. so much sugar, i think its something else id suggest to stay clear of.

Good luck

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Ya brother that diet needs some serious work! I worked construction for many years, so I know its tough to bring enough meals to eat. Here is what I did. Bought a cheap little microwave. Brought chicken, rice, broccoli cut up and would use that for two meals throughout out the day. As well as a couple protein shakes between. In the morning eat oats and eggs at home. At night eat some fish or beef to switch it up.

Blog Entries
    yeah have your microwave chained up to your job box. get out of the thought process of having to eat every 2 hours, eat when you can .. but make sure you plan ahead so you can eat all your daily calories in the few meals you do have.

Blog Entries
    dont be like all the other guys at the site, mcdonalds in the morning, lunch truck at lunch, mcdonalds after work then get home and eat dinner... avoid. I was a piece worker drywaller for many years i take a break when i want, i made sure i ate soon as i was hungry even if i just stopped for 5 minutes. Even if you are hoursly and working for a jerk, carry your lunch box with you all day along with your tools and just have a bite to eat when you can while you work and make sure you get your calories in.

ur diet needs a major revamp. adding ground up oats and flax seed into your protein shakes will be a good way to start. A honest breakfast of eggs, oatmeal and fruit and or other healthy whole food sources. make yoru own egg mcmuffin.

Sprouted grain bread
    eye bacon
    cottage cheese 2%
    avocado 75gs
    Pepper and lemon juice

I agree with all of you guys 100%! That is why I am here. I am self employeed, but am a contractor. I dont have a crew and work alone. I have no time at all for any kind of extended break. I take maybe 5 minutes every couple of hours, but that is about all I can do. I need some help and even though I listed what I ate for the day, that is by no means everyday. I didnt know if I should be trying to get inall of my nutrients forthe day in the few meals I can get in. Also, at my job, I haveno source for a stove or microwave. Customers would not be too happy if I askedthem to use thier kitchen for cooking(maybe a few of them would). And the McDs in the morning is just a quick way for me to eat 500 cals to start the day. I know there isnt much protien their, but I need help. The Hersheys chocolate mike was just for pre workout as it had the carb-protien ratio I like before hand. I am new to diet and have set goals I want to accomplish. I can read magazines all day long, but the reality is, unless I am into fitness for a career, it is unrealistic to follow an article. I want some input by people in the real world and what it takes to be who I want to be. Thats all. I am taking the critique as a positive thing because I want to learn. I want my BF% to be at 8% if possible. I just have to know what to do in my situation. Thank guys for the input so far!

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    I agree with all of you guys 100%! That is why I am here. I am self employeed, but am a contractor. I dont have a crew and work alone. I have no time at all for any kind of extended break. I take maybe 5 minutes every couple of hours, but that is about all I can do. I need some help and even though I listed what I ate for the day, that is by no means everyday. I didnt know if I should be trying to get inall of my nutrients forthe day in the few meals I can get in. Also, at my job, I haveno source for a stove or microwave. Customers would not be too happy if I askedthem to use thier kitchen for cooking(maybe a few of them would). And the McDs in the morning is just a quick way for me to eat 500 cals to start the day. I know there isnt much protien their, but I need help. The Hersheys chocolate mike was just for pre workout as it had the carb-protien ratio I like before hand. I am new to diet and have set goals I want to accomplish. I can read magazines all day long, but the reality is, unless I am into fitness for a career, it is unrealistic to follow an article. I want some input by people in the real world and what it takes to be who I want to be. Thats all. I am taking the critique as a positive thing because I want to learn. I want my BF% to be at 8% if possible. I just have to know what to do in my situation. Thank guys for the input so far!
    What kind of construction you doing that there is no source for power? Seriously I am trying to think of a construction job where you do not need power. Drywall?

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    warmouth do what GBrice said and read the stickies. particularly:

1. how to bulk
    2. dieting 101: cutting

i bring all my food for the day in a bag. i dont microwave anything nor do i refrigerate anything and have never had a problem. and i live in georgia. u do wat u gotta do man! and wat i gotta do is stick to my diet no matter what! whether it be eat cold food or whatever. get some tupperware and cook a bunch of meat and carbs and veggies all at one time and store it in the fridge..

get a food scale so u can weigh all ur food.

those stickies will help u a lot. both of em. IMO its good to know the cutting side even when ur bulking this way u have a complete view

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    warmouth do what GBrice said and read the stickies. particularly:

1. how to bulk
    2. dieting 101: cutting

i bring all my food for the day in a bag. i dont microwave anything nor do i refrigerate anything and have never had a problem. and i live in georgia. u do wat u gotta do man! and wat i gotta do is stick to my diet no matter what! whether it be eat cold food or whatever. get some tupperware and cook a bunch of meat and carbs and veggies all at one time and store it in the fridge..

get a food scale so u can weigh all ur food.

those stickies will help u a lot. both of em. IMO its good to know the cutting side even when ur bulking this way u have a complete view
    Sweet! Thanks man. Ill read up on the stickys and go from there. Great advice and pretty cool to know you probably live close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Live for the PUMP View Post
    What kind of construction you doing that there is no source for power? Seriously I am trying to think of a construction job where you do not need power. Drywall?
    I use power everyday. I am saying I will not ask my customer to use their kitchens to cook. I am proud of my business and wont do something that unprofessional. I suppose I could take a microwave to the house and plug it up outside, but I wouldnt do that either. I am thinking about just preparing food andeating it cold.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    I am thinking about just preparing food andeating it cold.
    ^^ excellent idea! Its what i do. We do wat we gotta do man! And im near savannah ga fellow southerner

Thread Information