Kim2884 is offline Female Member

a few carb questions

Ok, I have been doing a CKD for the past 2-3 months or so, managed to lose about 3% body fat but I am going to start reintroducing carbs starting sunday until i end up at a diet consisting of about 1200 cals, and 40-30-30 ratios. (i'm 5'5, 120lbs at the moment...still wanna lose some more body fat..not too concerned with actual weight loss)...so i will be eating no more than 100g of carbs a day, and mostly low-GI except for post-workout. My questions are:

1. to reintroduce carbs, i plan to do about 50g next week, 70 the week after, 90 the week after, and possibly 100 the week after, or i may just stay at 90. will that be sufficient to prevent fat gain?

2. I am a college student, and my dining halls do not offer the best selection of low-GI, unprocessed carbs. I can always get fruit and sometimes brown rice so that's not a problem...but I wanted to be able to eat oatmeal or whole-grain cereal for breakfast. However, they only have instant oatmeal, which I believe has a higher GI than plain, out-of-the-canister whole grain oats...and I've heard mixed things about cereal being processed and refined despite the whole grain denotation. anyone have any other suggestions as to some good carb sources?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    1) the slower you re-introduce the carbs the better, gives your body more time to adapt. Except when you come right off you can do a carb load because your muscles will soak it all up.

2) I like cereals, natural granola, all-bran, shreaded wheat and bran. IMO they are fine, I know they are processed and don't care they still have a lower GI value and the convenence outweights the fact that they have been processed a little. IMO unless you are competing they are fine and make your diet more enjoyable and liveable, which is what matters in the long run.

Pain

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Thanx for the feedback...never thought I'd be so excited to eat some bran cereal

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    That is the way I felt after very low carb diets. Any carbs, even Bran felt hella good. haha

Pain

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    amen....can't wait to start re-introing carbs in a week

Thread Information