Thread: Headaches

naenae85 is offline Junior Member

Headaches

Rotting monster headaches- wondering if it's from no sugar in my diet. Only day 2 ((

I mean monster* not rotting

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    not my info but something i found for u

Sugar can often be bad if it's consumed in large quantities, and that is a risk when you stock your pantry shelves with high-sugar snacks and other foods. Unfortunately, it's easy to become accustomed to a high-sugar diet. If you decide to drastically reduce or eliminate processed sugars, you may experience some side effects. Headaches are among them.

Sugar In Diet
    Sugar is found naturally in many foods, particularly fruits, and it is added to many foods, such as baked goods and soft drinks. Eating too much processed sugar can have serious long-term consequences. Diabetes is a potential long-term health risk. In the short term, spikes and drastic drops in blood sugar can cause fatigue and mood swings.

Sugar actually has addictive characteristics, according to a 2002 study at Princeton University. The rat study showed that sugar works on the brain similarly to heroin and morphine, although the effects of the heroin and morphine were much more extreme. This can explain how some people have a difficult time saying no to products containing sugar. As with any other addiction, stopping sugar consumption altogether can cause withdrawal symptoms.

Withdrawal Risks
    Sugar withdrawal can vary in severity, based on how much you are accustomed to consuming it. You may only experience temporary headaches as your brain and body adjust to a sugarless diet. Because sugar is a carbohydrate used to provide energy, fatigue is possible, and in more extreme cases you may experience tremors, depression, and anxiety while you acclimate to your new diet. The length of the withdrawal varies, but most people experience a decline in withdrawal symptoms after a few days.

Treatment
    If you are suffering from headaches due to a sugar deficit, consuming small amounts of sugar may relieve the headaches. An over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen could also be helpful.
    Considerations

The headaches you experience may not be related to sugar withdrawal. For example, if you recently stopped drinking caffeinated products, the headaches could be caused by caffeine withdrawal. If the headaches persist for several days, consult a doctor.

HOPE THIS HELPS

GreMos is offline Member
    That sounds about right.. I NEVER get headaches until I start dieting the they're the worst bastards ever. I don't even overdo it on Te sugar either just the deficit from fruits alone is enough to set me off

squatcity is offline New Member
    anything else accompanied by the headaches? lightheadedness when going from seating to standing? bad mood?

Riptorn is offline Associate Member
    I know from personal experience that when I fast I get headaches the first few days. More like blinding migraines that can't be helped by 0TC products. lol.
    My doc said its do to me forcing my body into a hypoglycemic state. I also found that once the headaches were strong that eating refined sugar made it worse due to the subsequent sugar spike. The only way I could get rid of it was to eat some buttered bread or pasta with olive oil. And take a short nap.
    Here are some other possible symptoms of low blood sugar: irritability, anxiety, shakiness, confusion and heart palpitations, symptoms that resemble that of anxiety attack.

pasha is offline Associate Member
    Yea i used to get headaches when i was in the process of eliminating sugar out of my diet.. they will go away!! Or if you take any fat burners and quit that gives me nasty aches....

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I never really over did sugar but you know I guess the odd coffee with 1 tsp sugar or maybe a coke with bourbon. (i usually have coke zero or peosi max) I'm having headaches today also. Hopefully it's not going to keep up for to long.
    Must be more of shock to the body than expected lol.

day 3 only. Can't say I feel lighter but have been eating well and about to go for a 4km walk before start second shift at work.

Thanks again for the insight.

no headache today... maybe because i took panadol as a preventer lol
    headache - 0
    naenae85 - 1

yay!!

hows the rest of the diet going?

Yeah it's going ok I think. Starting to feel good, if you know what I mean. Feeling lighter, etc.
    Day 5 looking forward to getting on scales in couple days. Hoping for at least 1 kilo down

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Caffeine has been known to help with headaches and cause headaches from withdrawal. Hopefully your body will get thru this soon and good luck on your lifestyle change!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    Caffeine has been known to help with headaches and cause headaches from withdrawal. Hopefully your body will get thru this soon and good luck on your lifestyle change!
    Past couple have days have been fine, no headaches. Finally starting to feel lighter.
    just got back from a 10km fasted walk.

Good work naenae!

Are u lifting? If not u def need to be !!!

Not lifting is a bad idea!

Hey 405 yeah I am lifting I love weights but like cardio also. I prefer to run than walk but as I not long got out of hospital for early stages phenmonia trying not hit the ground running (literally) lol
    Tomorrow morning I'll do a am fasted weights session. Legs, glutes, abs

Tomorrow is day 7
    So I want to really tweak my food plan come day 8.
    I'm actually doing my PT course but love reading and learning from others.
    I work as a weight loss consultant for the over weight.
    I have a good understanding for food and nutrition but Want to learn more more more...
    Especially in body building, cutting, etc
    That sounded like a cover letter for my resume Ha

Thread Information