Vice is offline Associate Member

How's my diet look, looking for advice.

I'm currently trying to get shredded for the summer time, I'm doing cardio 4-5 times a week, intense cardio for 20 mins. 5"11, 180, 12-14% bf

Meal 1: 250 ml's of egg whites, cup of oatmeal
    Meal 2: can of tuna, 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil, tlbspn of extra light mayo
    Meal 3: Chicken breast, peice of salmon, some olive oil on top of them
    Meal 4: can of tuna, 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive oil, tlbspn of extra light mayo
    Meal 5: (Post workout) 2 Chicken breasts, veggies
    Meal 6: chicken, or tuna and olive oil
    I snack on fat free cottage cheese and turkey/chicken cold cuts
    Before bed I have a glass of skim with a tblspn of Flax seed oil

How's this look for a cutting diet? to much fat? i've never tried a high fat/protein diet.....
    Last edited by Vice; 04-28-2003 at 02:40 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    30-40 min of cardio before the first meal with an ECA stack
    1.I would cancel your am oatmeal and replace with a meat
    2.Is your post workout immediately after or is that your post-post workout meal. Immediate replenishment should be about 60-80g of dextrose with 50g protein. If its your meal after post workout replenishment, I would add some potatoes or pasta(don't go buck wild though)
    3. Cancel the skim milk before bed and replace with 25g of blended portein powder mixed with water(with the flax)

i dont have any whey at the moment, nor can i afford it, ill just mix the flax with water and down it before bed..

for my immediate post workout meal could i have a can of tuna say with maple syrup all over it? lol......sucks not having whey.

If your lacking means to get a powder, then I would shred some chicken(10oz) and eat that with a few Tblspns of honey

awesome. thanks bud.

1 more question, on top of that 30-40 mins cardio first thing on an empty stomach, would you recommend doing anymore say in the evening?

I would only suggest doing cardio twice a day if your on cycle, otherwise you'll probably burn up too much muscle.

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Pheedno about adding a better (immediate) post workout meal. Man, if you can afford chicken and honey and shit, you can afford a 10 lb. bucket of Nlarge2 for $30! planetdepot.com has them cheap as dirt!

The main problem I have with your diet is there are like no carbs. I've got to have some carbs during the day (besides just post-workout) to maintain energy. I'd keep 1/2 cup of oatmeal in there for breakfast, add that potato in there post post workout and add more fibrous veggies in some of your other meals. I like lima beans but that's me.

Good luck bro

well if i add these veggies to some of my meals, should I cut out the fat from that particular meal?

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Make sure that your taking a full vitamin and mineral supplement. I would also agree that your way lacking in veggies ... If you can add them to at least 3-4 meals would be beneficial. They are low in carbs so they will not hinder your progress, but the value is 10 fold. Not that you do not know this already but with the amount of protein you eating make sure you are drinking plenty of water ..

Good luck

Markymark

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Vice
    well if i add these veggies to some of my meals, should I cut out the fat from that particular meal?
    No

Thanks guys, this is the first time I've done this fat diet, and i'm bugging out i feel and look like im getting chubbier, I having atleast 6 tablespoons of olive oil a day, and a tablespoon of flax, is this okay?

Could it be possible that my body doesnt respond well to this diet?
    When i cut last summer i dropped carbs and fats and just kept the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> high, I cut ripped to shit but i lost a lot of muscle as well. Any suggestions when and how much fat i should be taking?
    Last edited by Vice; 04-29-2003 at 04:13 PM.

Thread Information