Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Krugerr's 'Get Lean' progress log

Hey there all,

Two months ago my girlfriends made me a bet, if I could get a 6-pack, I would be rewarded with a 'sexy-time' treat. Game on I thought.
    Anyway, so began my diet change, I have been weightlifting since the age of 14, not seriously mind you, but just as a hobby as my dad was big into his bodybuilding and his steroids !
    I have taken more seriously to training in the last 18months or so, having completed two courses of steroids. Yes, I know, Im too young, lets skip the criticism there! Back on track, I gained a serious amount of size, my first course I gained just over 2 stone (~30lbs) of course I lost some when I came off and the water went, due to the sheer amount of food I was consuming, I gained a bit of a gut with it, the gut stayed along with the majority of the muscle gains, 9 months later I ran my second course, again, putting on only ~20lbs this time, I got some good weight and strength gains, but my gut increased again.

So here we are, below are some pictures taken today. I unfortunately didnt think of taking some pictures back when the game began. So I'll post a rough daily diet, macros and my supplementation and exercise later. If anyone cares to guess at my BF% it would be appreciated. I think its around the 20% but its an uneducated guess. I'll be keeping weekly pictures coming.

The decision to change to an IF diet on 05/10/12.

Stats-
    Height: 194cm (6'4")
    Weight: 118kg (264lbs)
    Bf%: 19%
    TDEE: 3363calories
    Using 405's LBM*15 = 3208calories

Chest Size: 48"
    Arm Size: 18"
    Neck Size 18"
    waist Size 38"

Daily Intake: 2900cal
    Protein: 290g
    Carbs: 290g
    Fat: 68g

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_zps5a537bcf.jpg 
Views:	460 
Size:	176.4 KB 
ID:	126784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image%20(1)_zps8c5fee64.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	183.8 KB 
ID:	126785
    Last edited by krugerr; 11-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    kruger welcome man. remember to most accurately calculate ur starting tdee u need ur bf%

fat does not contribute to ur caloric requirements therefore it should NOT be included in ur formula for caloric needs..

good starting maintenance: LBM x 15

read sticky:

dieting 101: cutting

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.UFnVho2PW6M

GET UR BF%!!!

Noted, thanks buddy, I'll need to find my BF% soon, I often train at a nice gym in Camberly, and I know they have the facilities to check, I'll get it done asap.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    This is gonna be hard work. It had better be a 3some weekend!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

It's something along those lines my friend.

It is going to be hard work, I've never cut before because I've never been worried. I'm big all over, and my gut isn't excessive. However I dont like to be beaten. So this will be my first cut.

Im going to update the OP later with my basic diet. Cooking and watching my son means I'm only on my iPhone right now, I hate writing proper threads if I'm not on a computer!
    I've been using ECA's (T5's) for the last month and have noticed a bodyfat loss. I know that for a real change though, it's in the kitchen I need the changes.

Regards
    Krugerr

*** Edited to reflect new IF diet and training ***

So here is the start to my Diet and Exercise regime. Im not finished working out the diet plan yet. I am still working out food values and reading advice on other threads, so this post is going to be edited until I get it exactly right.

The reason for my somewhat weird workout plan is due to University on Monday/Tuesday mornings, as I commute I need to leave at 7:30am. I am following a modified powerlifting routine, 5x5 on my Deadlift/Squat/bench followed by 8-10 reps on my isolating exercises. Incorperating the deep-stretching methods, inspired by this thread HERE.
    Training will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Doing a Back, Chest, Squats respectively. With every other Tuesday having a dedicated Arms day.
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-16-2012 at 09:48 AM.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Welcome, we need more details on 'sexy time' if we are to help you any further, that includes pics of said girlfriend, haha lol

Haha, I'll try and convince her to let me post pictures of her!

The "Sexy-Time" will be revealed when I hit target!

OK, after some research and prepwork. I have decided to rewrite my diet into an IF diet. So I'll include the update here, as well as the OP.
    Intermittent Fasting. Fatman and GBrice75 threads played a big hand in my decision to change to this diet. Much thanks goes to those two for their very informative posts.

Starting tomorrow on a 16/8 split. My fasted time is 8pm-12am. Leaving me 8hours of food-time between midday and 8pm.

My TDEE is 3360 calories. Now, I am confused as to how much of a deficit I should do for this diet?
    I was thinking 400calories, So using that, my daily intake will be 2900calories.

Im going to be using a 40/40/20 split. Daily intake 290g protein, 290g Carbs, 64g Fat.

Questions before I start. Some feedback on the following would be appreciated.

1) My calorie deficit.
    2) My macro split.
    3) My timing split.
    4) Can the split be moved? If I knew for example I was not going to be able to eat until 9pm, could I move my fasted time until 1pm and then correct it the day after??
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-05-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Day 1:

No trouble waiting until midday for my first meal. I worked last night and didnt get in until 2AM, so this helped. I'm working again tonight. Monday will be the challenge.

No training today.

--Update--

Last meal of the day was a huge pasta bake. I've yet to work the macros for it. Stuffed myself. Tonight is the first night ill have to restrain myself. Working on the door with all the coffee/hot chocolate and snacks I can eat. Just water for me though!!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-06-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Day 2:

Again, the fasted stage today was easy as I was at work until 0300, and slept until 1300. Will be slightly lacking on protein today unless I eat another chicken breast.
    My bloody protein order was delayed until Monday.

Use www.myfitnesspal.com as a calorie counter to keep track and plan your calories and macros, It sounds like your struggling to keep to a schedule already, especially with your crazy schedule.

keep going man.

Thanks buddy. I'll start using the app.

I'm doing the macros by hand currently!

Heading to the cinema in an hour. My girlfriend is already teasing me.
    Hopefully the movie is good enough that I'll be able to ignore her chomping throughout it!

Taken 2 - ill post a mini review tomorrow!

I'll look forward to it.

Day 3:

10am:-
    two hours until I can have my first meal. I'm sat in my lectures and my stomach is rumbling so loud that people keep looking at me. I keep sipping water in the hope of distracting myself.
    For those interested, Taken2 is really worth a watch. Sitting next to my girlfriend as she scoffed popcorn was hard for the first 10 minutes, bitch kept teasing me. After my craving went down I had no trouble watching her eat it.

7:00pm:-
    30 minutes cardio on the bike. Cycled 14km, then onto a 5x5 chest session. Overall feel well worked.
    Mrs has just cooked a large chicken curry. So an hour in which to eat!!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

I had 200gram egg whites with a scoop of protein powder and creating for breakfast this morning. I think you should have had the same.

That would break the IF routine! 55 minutes til food! My hunger pang was bad between hours 12 - 14. It's subsided, for now.

Updated today fully.

Damn that cardio took it put of me. 9pm bedtime!!

Day 4:

Just having my first meal. The hunger strikes haven't been as bad today, but maybe I was just distracted with lectures. Slept well last night after that cardio! Finding that 2900 calories is a little too much to force in during 8 hours. Thinking of dropping to 2500, but I'll see how I feel after 10 days. It just may be a case of getting used to this routine.

I have found that the principle of not eating for 16hours is really easy and simple. It's cut and dry. I often find diets difficult to stick to if I have to eat X amounts of food at Y times.

-Krugerr

Weight this morning. Exactly 18stone or 112.5kg.
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-09-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Day 5:

7am:
    start as per usual, my son has a built in alarm clock, I swear!!
    Heading over to Golds Gym this morning for some Fasted Cardio and a dead lifting session. Going to hopefully get a 9-point caliber test done.

1pm:
    Had a 30minute fasted cardio session on the spinning bikes, followed by a good deadlifting session! Wasn't even hungry at lunch time!
    Last edited by krugerr; 10-10-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Started using MyFitnessPal properly today. Got the Macros split to 40/40/20.

Added my cardio successfully. But I just wanted to add a workout, but you can only add individual exercises/rep/weight. This doesn't add calories burned.

-Krugerr

Yeah to be honest , I don't count gym time as a calorie deficit, I just use to track my food.

If you really wanted to you could add it and make an estimation on how many calories you think u burned.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320
    Yeah to be honest , I don't count gym time as a calorie deficit, I just use to track my food.

If you really wanted to you could add it and make an estimation on how many calories you think u burned.
    I wasn't so worried about it, it just means that when I hit my calorie allowance. I'm actually still to subtract what I burned with weights. So it's just creating even more calorie deficit. Win!

Exactly my thoughts.

Day 6:

I seem to be super tired in the evenings, this is probably due to the shock to my system "Cardio"!!

Using MyFitnessPal fully now, great app. I'll post a link later of my profile so you guys can see what I'm eating etc.

Just at University now, I finish in 2 hours, then off for another cardio session and Arm session.

Back from the gym. Chicken is cooking.

I missed the train, had to rush through the gym so ended up skipping the cardio in favor of the arm workout. I have time for a longer fasted cardio tomorrow morning though, so I'll make up the difference then.

Day 7:

Had to cancel training today as work want me early, and I'm having to wait in for a delivery! Why can't the bastards be more specific than 10am-4pm??

Anyhow, diets still going well, made myself another big chicken curry. Girlfriend says I look slimmer, but I think she's just got the placebo effect because she knows I'm dieting. Scales said yesterday that I am 2lbs lighter. I'm not really counting that though, it could easily just be water/food.

Thank you to anybody actually reading this!

-Krugerr

Day 8:

Started work at 5pm yesterday, I'm not finishing until 11:30pm tonight. Love 30.5 hour shifts!
    Due to this I've had no sleep, I'm dosed up on black coffee and caffeine tablets.
    IF had to be relaxed, for this weekend, it's a major security event so I'm pulling a triple shift + a shift on Sunday. No fridge or microwave for my food. The only thing available is Carnival food, McDonalds and KFC.
    **** my life. I'm trying to keep calories under the 2600 mark. But I'm really just guessing, the carnie food stands have more hidden calories than I can fathom. Limited yesterday to a brut-wurst sausage and home made chicken curry.
    Today I'm going to the 'Exotic Burger' stand to grab some bison meat. Calorie logs are on hold until Monday.

Gotta love my job though, how many calories do you burn for 30.5 hours of standing/walking?!? That might help cover any lapse in diet.

Krugerr

Don't let your weekend work schedule ruin a hard weeks training and dieting, I suggest you make a pack up and take it with you

Unfortunately I did 36hours straight. I had no oppertunity to go home for food. I managed to keep what I ate under 2600... I hope! ****ing festivals. But $17/hr is not too bad for the whole shift!

Managed to stick to IF yesterday, even though the food wasn't clean. Today is back on the diet.

-Krugerr

Day 10:

Weight: ive dropped 4lbs this week.

Just at the gym and completed a 25mins on the CrossTrainer! Just about to start on Back. If anyone has suggestions for reading material relating to IF, I would appreciate it. I have starts another thread. But got no replies.

Krugerr

Brick is offline Member
    Started following your log! Lets see you turn into the British Hulk!

My two cents.
    Maybe more protein % less carb %
    60/20/20? That's what I use, but I don't do IF!

Many thanks Bucka!

I may switch to 60/20/20 when the weight loss plateaus. It's only been 10 days and I've lost 4lbs. I'll see how it's going in a couple of weeks!

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr
    Day 10:

Weight: ive dropped 4lbs this week.

Just at the gym and completed a 25mins on the CrossTrainer! Just about to start on Back. If anyone has suggestions for reading material relating to IF, I would appreciate it. I have starts another thread. But got no replies.

Krugerr
    Have you been on leangains dot com? Some good info about IF there.

Quote Originally Posted by 951thompson View Post
    Have you been on leangains dot com? Some good info about IF there.
    Thank you for the reply, Mario! Ive checked it out a couple of times, but I am a real stickler for hard copies. I can highlight bits, mark pages etc. I find trying to read a book in Adobe awkward. that LeanGains seems a too full of links.
    I just want to read about IF, not be linked to peoples reveiws or success stories!

Krugerr

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr

Thank you for the reply, Mario! Ive checked it out a couple of times, but I am a real stickler for hard copies. I can highlight bits, mark pages etc. I find trying to read a book in Adobe awkward. that LeanGains seems a too full of links.
    I just want to read about IF, not be linked to peoples reveiws or success stories!

Krugerr
    Hehe Mario :-) yeah it's abit disorganized leangains website. Some good reading there tho. Have you tried amazon dot com?

Yup I had a look. Found a few relevant ones. I was just interested in member reviews before I purchased! I might just bite the bullet and buy a couple!

Krugerr

Day 11:

Having to take a day off Uni as my girlfriend and son have a sickness bug! I haven't caught it yet. This does mean I get to go to the gym today though, which I normally don't have time for on a Tuesday.
    I've got some nice DOMs on my traps and lats from yesterday's gym session.
    40minutes til I can eat, I'm really looking forward to a shake and chicken!!

Any visual progress in the mirror yet ?

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information