MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

cheating while diet

i got worried about my strict diet coz i stuped loosing weight so i went to the doctor and he says that i have to throw a cheat day every 2 weeks to up the metabolism should i listen to him or he is talking crap?like other doctors

Teddy is offline Junior Member
    Well I wouldn't necessarily go all out with a "Cheat day" but having a controlled refeed depending on your metabolism has shown to increase your fat burning hormone leptigen.

While I have been cutting for my contest, I refeed every 6 days with 100g carbs pre-workout and around 250g in a 2 hour time span post-workout. Then back to dieting for the next 6 days.

Also, look into cycling your carbs. I have some buddies that have had alot of success doing this for both bulking and cutting.

- Teddy

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well having a cheat day or cheat meal once week or so helps keep you focusedon your diet. As for keeping your metabolism guessing, try upping your carbs once a week like Teddy suggested.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Cheat days are good, they help bring your metabolism back up to normal and make dieting easier in general, your doc knows what he is talking about. Just don't go overboard with it, if you keep it clean and healthy it will be good, but if you have a day of cheesecake and pizza it will be worse for you.

Pain

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    I have a cheat day set aside once a week, it is on Sunday, I dont lift or do cardio, I do something enjoyable and I eat one to two halfway crappy meals a day, this usually includes, Pizza and ice cream. It is my one day to break the rules and indulge in life, I am not doing a BB show, therefore I don't sweat it to much. If I was doing a show I would be a little more concerned about it, however even though I have included one cheat day a week my Body fat % is still dropping, and my wife say's I am not such an asshole to be around(bonus) that one day seems to do wonder's for me, so if your not doing a show, take the cheat day, for the sake of sanity.

dangit is offline Member
    Cheat days are fine. I had a couple of guys that were doing the same show as me and they were both eating pizza and having a few beers every Sunday. Didn't hurt them at all. They were super strict during the week though.

I cheated the whole way through my diet and it didn't hurt me at all. Seems to help since it keeps your metabolism up. If you diet too much, then your body will go into a self preservation state and store everything you eat as fat. Same thing when not drinking enough water. You end up getting bloated.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    Originally posted by dangit
    Cheat days are fine. I had a couple of guys that were doing the same show as me and they were both eating pizza and having a few beers every Sunday. Didn't hurt them at all. They were super strict during the week though.

I cheated the whole way through my diet and it didn't hurt me at all. Seems to help since it keeps your metabolism up. If you diet too much, then your body will go into a self preservation state and store everything you eat as fat. Same thing when not drinking enough water. You end up getting bloated.
    is this u in the avatar look awsome...the problem is when i eat something high in sugar or carbs i feel guilty for a whole week hehe it is only paronia from loosing my abs and cuts

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    cheat days are important.

have a small bowl of icecream or a dish of something.

just set a max caloric intake for the day. if you do nothing but diets 24/7 you will fail on the average.

I know that during my keto days, i lived for thursdays. haha i would have a nice bread covered hamburger once a week .

I try to keep my binge to a snickers bar and a 12 ounce sunkist.

that will ot screw me up and i love the hell outta it.

Thread Information