arby is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up John Berardi's Nutrition Articles

I would like to introduce you all to John Berardi's nutrition articles. I've seen some of his articles posted here as "educational threads," and his collection serves as a sort of nutritional encyclopedia for me.

In this article (part 2) he talks about why calories, <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>s, carbs, and fats are not the "constant" that most of us think they are, and how to choose them wisely. In this one he helps you figure out how much you need. And in part 2 of the same article, he talks about how to time all those macronutrients wisely.

He places even more emphasis on post-workout nutrition in this article and actually quantifies those values in part 2. He suggests that we, as strength athletes, consume a meal of a minimum 0.8g of carbohydrate and 0.4 g of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> / kg (lb/2.2) of body weight immediately after training, and another within the 2-3 hour post-workout metabolic window.

The only topic he doesn't really cover effectively (in my opinion) is that of fats. It's a disappointment but it doesn't detract from the rest of his articles. Take a look.
    Last edited by arby; 05-04-2003 at 11:39 AM.

BigGunzOZ is offline Junior Member
    why he is not using his knowledge to make him big?

Maybe you're missing something, he's not only pursuing a PhD but he's 200 lbs and 5%.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

lol.........

Yeah, 5% and weighs like 130 lbs. sopping wet.

Hell, if you're under 200 lbs, you damn better sure have abs and be relatively lean.

~SC~

I was under the impression he was 200 when he said "since I am an athlete weighing so-and-so..." in his mass eating article... is that incorrect? You've met him?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

no.....

never met him........but he didn't look to be close to 200 lbs.......

besides, 130 vs. almost 200, what's the diff, it's still sub 200......

~SC~

Thread Information