1wheelr1 is offline Member
    I'm 29, 6'2", 220lbs 15% bf or so....

I am diabetic and have thyroid disease

I'm very strict with my diet and eat 300 grams lean portion a day and 150 grams complex carbs per day and lots of vegetables.

No matter how much cardio I do or how low I go on carbs I can never get my abs shredded. I'm told this is due to the fact that I'm diabetic and excess insulin creates stubborn belly fat.

What can I adjust in my diet or workout to solve this problem? Im hoping I don't have to depend on fat burners or Clen . Thx!!
    Last edited by 1wheelr1; 11-21-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Gioz is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    go see a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gioz
    go see a doctor
    My doctor told me its because of my diabetes.

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    How Much is your cardio????
    Belly fat its the last thing you lose, so if your bf its 15% you will see going away when you drop 3 or 4%.
    That's has to do with cardio and diet, post your cardio and diet, lets see....

Quote Originally Posted by 38jumper38
    How Much is your cardio????
    Belly fat its the last thing you lose, so if your bf its 15% you will see going away when you drop 3 or 4%.
    That's has to do with cardio and diet, post your cardio and diet, lets see....
    Ok, i do 30 min IT cardio 5 days a week and my diet like I said b4 is 300grams protein per day and 150- 200 grams complex carbs per day. This is divided between 6 meals.

LiL P is offline Associate Member
    Any way you can lower your Carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1 View Post
    Ok, i do 30 min IT cardio 5 days a week and my diet like I said b4 is 300grams protein per day and 150- 200 grams complex carbs per day. This is divided between 6 meals.
    I will have my last meal around 6 or 7 in the afternoon, the hit the cardio first thing in the morning (7 times per week), and 30 min won't be enough, try walk in treadmill for 15 or 20 minutes at pace of 3 or 4, that try to run between 5 and 6 for a least 45 minutes or more. I will start slow and then progress by the week goes by, you my not run for 45 minutes strait in the first day, but you can do it after a week or so, and gratifyingly increase your time and pace, you will see a drastically bf decrease after a week or so. try to increase your protein intake and for carbs try to stick with sweet potatoes, avoid rice and oat meals(don't get me wrong they are good) but I will eat more bananas, sweet potatoes, nuts, avocado, vegetables and so. and also when in the gym, try to do a little warm up 10 15 minutes running and 30 minutes after work out. that will do the trick.

digsy1983 is offline Member
    Post up your diet and macros (you mentioned 300g protein. 150-200g complex carbs) also calories!

Fat still plays a roll in loosing weight, too little and it can halt progress but also too much is.counter productive aswel. Healthy fats are essential to any well balanced diet.

Are you having carbs with every meal?

Quote Originally Posted by LiL P
    Any way you can lower your Carbs?
    I can yes but in the past when I lower my carbs or even stop them altogether, I seem to lose more muscle and most of the fat remains.

I will have my last meal around 6 or 7 in the afternoon, the hit the cardio first thing in the morning (7 times per week), and 30 min won't be enough, try walk in treadmill for 15 or 20 minutes at pace of 3 or 4, that try to run between 5 and 6 for a least 45 minutes or more. I will start slow and then progress by the week goes by, you my not run for 45 minutes strait in the first day, but you can do it after a week or so, and gratifyingly increase your time and pace, you will see a drastically bf decrease after a week or so. try to increase your protein intake and for carbs try to stick with sweet potatoes, avoid rice and oat meals(don't get me wrong they are good) but I will eat more bananas, sweet potatoes, nuts, avocado, vegetables and so. and also when in the gym, try to do a little warm up 10 15 minutes running and 30 minutes after work out. that will do the trick.
    Ok well cardio first thing in the AM isn't a possibility because of my schedule, I already only get about 6 hr sleep a night.
    So your saying I should do 45 min of cardio 7days a week? 15 min b4 & 30 after my workout?
    Btw, those are pretty much the carbs I eat already.

Quote Originally Posted by digsy1983
    Post up your diet and macros (you mentioned 300g protein. 150-200g complex carbs) also calories!

Fat still plays a roll in loosing weight, too little and it can halt progress but also too much is.counter productive aswel. Healthy fats are essential to any well balanced diet.

Are you having carbs with every meal?
    I'll have get back to you with my calories but my fats are about 70 per day, from peanut butter and eggs mostly. Only having carbs 3 times per day breakfast and b4 and after workout.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wheelr1 View Post
    Ok well cardio first thing in the AM isn't a possibility because of my schedule, I already only get about 6 hr sleep a night.
    So your saying I should do 45 min of cardio 7days a week? 15 min b4 & 30 after my workout?
    Btw, those are pretty much the carbs I eat already.
    You need to cardio 7 x week in the morning hrs, my need to change your schedule......
    and 15 min b4 & 30 after work out......

You need to cardio 7 x week in the morning hrs, my need to change your schedule......
    Thx bro, getting up earlier just isn't going to happen, I'm already a tired mess all day since I get up at 3:30 and go to bed at 10:00....

I've done cardio in the morning b4 and I ended up being so tired that I was just a mess, falling asleep at work and so on....

magyar is offline New Member
    Is there a threshold on how much cardio you can do in the morning before your body switches over from starvation mode? Or does it only switch over once you eat? I ended up going for a brisk one and a half hour walk last Sat.

Keep the session under 60 minutes long, 45 minutes is ample, too long and you eat up muscle tissue when your body perceives starvation.

oops.
    Last edited by magyar; 11-22-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: found answer

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Bf is the last place if that is where u seem to carry. I carry mine there as well which is unusual for gals. I am also diabetic although may diabetic women carry in other places. I think you would benefit from posting your daily intake by meals. I read peanut butter and bananas along the way which r high in fat and carbs.

Maybe your diet needs to be dialed in and some fasted cardio will get u to a different place. Seems to me you may need to switch it up a bit!!!

Thread Information