RockyX is offline Senior Member

Question about my diet

Hi, I recently started a diet, and I was wondering if it looked okay to all of you more experienced guys. This will only be my second diet, last time I cut out ALL carbs and lost alot of weight but when I stood up I felt like I was gonna pass out. So I'm just drastically reducing them. Let me know what you think.

Breakfast- Protein shake & Cereal bar 4 grams fat, 26 carbs, 12 grams sugar, 6 g protein

Lunch- 6 slices meat and cheese (rolled together) 2 ham, 4 turkey around 50 grams of protein, 6 carbs and 6 grams of fat

Snack- Protein Shake

Post workout- Creatine, Protein Shake

Dinner- Steak, and peas

P.S. The whole point of the diet is to lose body fat...let me know if I'm doing ok.

tony1leg is offline Associate Member
    To loose fat=dedication and CARDIO!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    You probably felt like shit and almost passed out because 3 of your 5 meals came from shakes. NOT GOOD... Get some real food for most your protein, all you want a shake is for post workout, esp if you are only eating 5 times.

Pain

O ya, Drop the deli meat, not a very good source of protein, also drop the peas not a good veg either. And the cereal bar needs to go and get some rolled oats.

Pain

Can someone please draw me up a diet then please??? I don't have ANY time to prepare lunch so I need something I can just throw together, and not much time for breakfast either, any other time is fine...please help

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    What are your goals? I'll see what I can do...but to eat right you HAVE to make time to eat. Diet is the most important role in this game.

I'm just looking to maintain muscle and lose body fat...I don't care how, and I will try very hard to make time if I can get a good diet layout...I'm trying to lean down for summer right now because I think I have decent muscle mass right now.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Pain took the words right out of my mouth...also, I think you should incorporate some high glycemic carbs post-workout...and since you were eating peas with steak, you probably aren't aware that combining high fat foods with high carb foods in the same meal is a recipe for fat storage...so keep that in mind.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    um. Deli meat is a very good source of protein. sliced hame usually has about 5 - 6 grams of protein... low fat and low carbs. but yea, you need real food in your diet. i'm eating about 244 grams of protein w/o my supplements... w/ supplements - i'm eating about 338grams.

get rite - train hard - get big.... easy enough eh?

ValeTudoFighter is offline Junior Member
    Hey pain...why do you say deli meat is not a good source of protein? I always thought it was.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Because deli meats have been processedand are full of fillers and such instead of actual meat.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Because deli meats have been processedand are full of fillers and such instead of actual meat.
    Exactly, jello has protein in it but it isn't a good source of protein. Grains have protein but it isn't that good. Deli meats have been processed so much and had so much preservatives and other things added it is a pretty crappy way to get your protein. Don't get me wrong if you want to eat some turkey or lean roast beef a few times a week then it is ok, but to use it everyday as a major source of protein is not good, the protein in chix, real turkey breast, lean beef will be much better for you (and healthier) And ham is probably the most processed of all lunch meats.

Pain

abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    dieting takes dedication. you said you have no time for breakfast or food prep for lunch, then your diet will fail if it ever gets off the ground at all. you need to prepare your weekly meal schedule on sunday, write it down and post on the fridge. start preparing meals the night before so they are ready to go when you wake up. it only takes like 1 to 2 hours a week combined to have everything ready and prepared. if you cannot spare 1 to 2 hours a week then this lifestyle might not fit with you right now.

p.s., deli meats are not good sources of protein. they are loaded with sodium.

Thread Information