Thread: Cheating RULES!

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member

Cheating RULES!

Just wanted to chime in on the 'to cheat or not to cheat' diet debate with some interesting info (I hope).

I've been on a very tight, very clean diet for a little over 9 weeks now and I'm down 14 lbs. and 7% bf (plus 4 in. off my waist), however, I had stalled for a couple of weeks as of the beginning of week 8.

Around this point, I was forced to go on a 2-day biz trip with all that entails: poor meals (Applebee's, McDonalds, etc.); lots of alcohol (heavy beers); no sleep; etc. I ate like crap for about 48 hours (pyschologically flaying myself the entire time) and figured I'd throw on a few pounds in the ensuing days due to my indiscretion (I was also without my beloved r-ALA). Imagine my surprise, though, when a few days later I was 3 lbs. lighter!

I chalked that up to a fluke at first, but the weight has stayed off and I am clearly leaner than I was before the stall and subsequent cheat-a-thon.

The moral of this story: if you're in the depths of a long, painful diet and you hit a wall, eat like a pig for two days to get that metabolism going again!
    Last edited by Short_Guy; 05-06-2003 at 03:58 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    That is the key. When your calories are reduced below maintenance for an extended period of time, it slows your thyroid into starvation mode. Thats why it's a good idea to boost that thyroid every 7-10 days.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    You learned a valuable lesson grasshopper, now go and spread your wisdom.....

Pain

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Defiantely need a Cheat Day!!!

Thread Information