Thread: Diet

BigBenC is offline New Member

Talking Diet

I have a question about my diet. Im not a bodybuilder. I am a competitive powerlifter. First let me give a brief description of my diet. I did weigh around 282 lbs with a 46" waist. I felt real strong but also felt real flabby. I started to do some research about dieting. Well let me get to the point. In three months I lost 3 1/2" off my waist and lost about 12 lbs.. I did this by eating a high calorie diet with moderate protien intake (around 300-330 g per day), very little fat and low carbs. I have a meet coming up in 7 weeks and I wanted to bulk back up to 277-280 but without putting added inches on my waist. I thought if I upped my carbs by eating brown rice , red potatoes and pasta. That would give me the results I am looking for. I starting doing this on the 5th of May. Am I going about this the right way.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    No matter what you eat if you eat too many calories they will be stored as fat, and if those inches goes to your waist will depend on your genetics. Eating certain foods will help you a little but at the end of the day what really matters is your total calories.

Pain

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    Pain is rite, the calories that you take in & don't burn up, are stored as fat. 3,500 calories = 1lb of FAT

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    If you want to bulk back up just gradually raise your carb intake or calorie intake each week until you notice weight gain....

Thread Information