georgie24 is offline Member

get lean drop weight??

im about to start an 18 week diet thatts gonna lean me out and drop 36-38pounds im gonna take all the advice you guts gave me then put it all together .but my query is if im gonna lift weights 4 times a week wont i be building muscle more muscle equals more weight
    i dunno im confused someone help

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Yea you will gain more muscule, but at this same time you will loose fat, do many sets in the gym. And at least find a basic diet to work with, don't be lasy allready.

i work 2 jobs 50-70 hours a week in the gym 5-6 days a week far from lazy my freind just looking for diet analysis.
    re-read the thread topic!!!

pete235 db101 markymark primo where you guys at...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Re: get lean drop weight??

Originally posted by geometric1
    im about to start an 18 week diet thatts gonna lean me out and drop 36-38pounds im gonna take all the advice you guts gave me then put it all together .but my query is if im gonna lift weights 4 times a week wont i be building muscle more muscle equals more weight
    i dunno im confused someone help
    If you gain muscle while losing fat, you'll be in business. That's the idea. The more muscle you have, the easier it is to burn fat. Plus a lean muscular athletic look is where it is at. The ladies love it.

I didn't read the original post so I may be missing something.

ok after a muscle thrashing workout dont muscles recuperate ?hence they get bigger and hevier hence weight gain muscle weighs more than fat

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you have to get to a certain wieght to make a weight class?

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by geometric1
    i work 2 jobs 50-70 hours a week in the gym 5-6 days a week far from lazy my freind
    I didn't mean it that way. I ment for you to read some diets and post one so we could work with it.

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Cool maybe this will help

What has worked for me in the past is to drop the carbs. Not so low that you brain doesn't even function but don't go over about 40 to 60g of carbs a meal..and increase your protein.

An 18 week diet sounds a little to long, I have heard of 14 or 12 but 18 man..that is really tough on the body and your body can get very used to it. You might find yourself dropping a lot of weight at the beginning but near the middle it will begin to taper off. If you stuck to a really strick diet..and I mean really strick no need to cheat..you will only be cheating yourself, you should be able to do it in 12 weeks.

How much weight do you want to lose in the first place...what are your stats..bf height, weight, what are you ideal bf and weight goals? What are u doing this for a show? help me out here and I can do my best to give you some more info on how to go about doing it.

You asked about if gaining muscle mass will bring you weight back up..of course..but with more lean body mass your matoblism increases and you will burn more fat..just sitting around. This is what you want. When you say you are training 5 and 6 days a week. Is that all weights..or cardio or what..because you may be over training which will reverse everything you are striving for.

good luck

190 weight class is what i wanna work to

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by GenuinePL
    I didn't mean it that way. I ment for you to read some diets and post one so we could work with it.
    GPL....he has already done a lot of reseach and knows how to eat properly. You have look at some of his other threads here bro. He's a good guy and knows where he wants to go and how to get there.

G1....brother, here's some good advice. The scale should only be used to chart wieght flucuation. The best indicator of how you're progressing is a measuring tape. We all know that muscle wieghs more than fat, and your goal is to lose FAT....not wieght. Measure your upper arms, chest, stomach, waist, ass, upper thigh, lower thigh and calves and re-take measurements every 3-4 weeks. This will show you what you want to see. Even if the wieght is not dropping quickly, if your muscularity is improving, you will look better, feel better and burn more fat in a resting state. PM me bro if you need anymore help.

Pete

jersey juice is offline Member
    OK just trying to get this right, so you NEED to make weight in other words. OK, what I suggest IMO of course:
    #1 drop the carbs to 50g or less per day
    #2 up your water intake so your not holding water & reduce sodium intake
    #3 This is tricky, yes you need to lift weights & muscle weighs more than fat, if you have to stay in a weight class you should use lighter weights (can't believe I said that) and more reps. If you just keep the muscle you have & tone it up your gold!

Making weight sucks, I personnally wouldn't care if I weighed 315lbs, but at 8% bodyfat. But if you have to stay in the lighter class then you can lift without bulking. You would be working the fast twitch fibers & increasing your endurance. If you could be more specific as to what your doing. ie wrestling, powerlifting whatever I might be able to lend some better advise. I hope this helped a little. Peace....

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by jersey juice
    I personnally wouldn't care if I weighed 315lbs, but at 8% bodyfat
    WOULDN'T CARE??!! Are you kidding?? I'd be ECSTATIC!!!!

Thread Information