calstate23 is offline Banned

Don't let the supposedly "HEALTHY" restaurants trick you...

I still here from a lot of people I had a healthy lunch because I got a tuna sandwich at Subway or a fish bowl from wahoos....I was just telling some of my friends it is not as healthy as they think it is and showed them the nutritional info and they couldn't believe it......

Keep in mind, when these places post nutritional info it is the bare essentials (No cheese, no sauce, lowest calorie bread or meat) and a lot of the time it is a child's portion or not the correct FULL serving an average person normally would get...

Some even try to confuse you on the website and will put A la carte items at the top or again in SMALL words have child's portion above it...

To get the true nutritional info you have to usually calculate your own with all the extra additions you get on it...

I'm sure a lot of you guys realize this but for the ones who don't here you go...

For instance, here is the calories for a footlong tuna sandwich at SUBWAY'S with cheese and mayo...

SERVING SIZE (g) 548 CALORIES 1270 Calories from Fat 710 TOTAL FAT (g) 81 Saturated Fat (g) 16 Trans Fat* (g) 0 CHOLESTEROL (mg) 110 SODIUM (mg) 1880 CARBOHYDRATES (G) 90 Dietary Fiber (g) 10 Sugars (g) 12 PROTEIN (G) 47 VITAMIN A % DV 20 VITAMIN C % DV 40 CALCIUM % DV 80 IRON % DV 40

Let's point out the big factors here - 81 grams fat, Sodium 1880 mg, Carbs 90 g and total calories 1270

Also, keep in mind this isn't the healthy fat...This is mostly from all the mayo and crap they put on there...Also, realize a lot of restaurants you get "Fish Bowls" from all the fat necessarily isn't the omega fat we all think of...It is mostly from the LOADS of butter saturated in the rice and laddled on top of your fish...

Another factor to keep in mind, even those that are eating salmon for instance and eating "Healthy fats"....Healthy fats still have A LOT of calories...So don't think it is okay to just eat salmon all day or your fat intake and total caloric intake will be SUPER high for the day....Hindering your weight loss...

Not all fish is HIGH in essential fatty acids...Which I think a lot of people believe...For instance, Tilapia, Orange Roughy, canned Albacore Tuna are actually super super low in fat content (As low or lower then skinless chicken breast) which might be a wiser choice for those looking to cut weight...
    Last edited by calstate23; 01-22-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I could not agree with you more!! Which is the reason why i dont eat out anymore!!! The only time i eat out is to eat a burger at FuddRuckers which is the healthiest burger i can find around and also i love them, other than that i get a recipe from foodnetwork and do it myself, thanks to my love for food i am a mean cook, but definitely no such thing as healthy when eating out!!!! Not even a grilled chicken breast!!!

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    awesome post, most of the stuff from subway ISNT HEALTHY!!! i used to work at a subway, would never touch their tuna salad even if you paid me...

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330 View Post
    awesome post, most of the stuff from subway ISNT HEALTHY!!! i used to work at a subway, would never touch their tuna salad even if you paid me...
    Ha ha ha True....

It just sucks that some of these "So called' healthy places actually could have healthy products and then destroy it with all the butter and other crap they put in their food...

It would be nice to actually walk into a place and get a plain skinless chicken breast grilled just with some Mrs. Dash and some plain rice without all the extra salt, butter and oil! Or shit maybe even a plain baked yam! Is it just too much to ask for ha ha

Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    hahaha i know exactly what u mean bro, we have something called country rotisserie here and they make fresh wraps and the only bad part is the dressing but theres never a lot on it so i try to go there, but its expensive as **** like 10 bucks for a wrap that is not that big and a side dish of veggies

too bad its only in suffolk county on long island tho the food is real fresh too i like to eat there if i got sum xtra cash but every other place is exaactly what u said wit the oil n butter n everything

Thread Information