xenithon is offline Member

Question Question About Carb-Up Day

Hi All,

With my current diet, I am getting about 100g a day of carbs on training days (40g with breakfast, 40g dextrose PWO, and 20g is what I figure from all the fibrous veges I have the rest of the day). On non training days its about 60g (40g at breakfast, 20g from veges during the day). I carb up once a week on Sunday, where I get in about 250g of carbs, keep my protein roughly the same, but take out most of the healthy fats that I would normally have. It has been going great, but I have a question about spreading out carb intake on the carb-up day:

Should I do what I have been doing, getting about 60g carbs a meal for the first 4 meals (8am, 11am, 2pm, 5pm) and then the last actual meal at 8pm is protein with healthy fats and some veg. Or, should I rather spread it out, and not get in the healthy fats in meal 5, so that I get about 50g carbs per meal in all 5 meals, along with protein. (BTW, either way I will have meal 6 just before bed as a blended protein with a tablespoon of flax, that is a staple ).

So its just a question of keeping the whole day in a positive carb intake mode, or just the first 4 meals with fats replacing them in meal 5. The main reason I ask is if its okay to have high carbs like that at 8pm, which is fairly late for carb intake.

Thanks!!

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    My carb load day is tuesday...my day off to rest and refuel for an intense leg training session on wednesday. On my carb load day, I eat the majority of my carbs in my first 4 meals when my body is primed to utilize them. After dinner time around 5pm, I stick to just protein and good fat. If your body is as sensitive as mine to insulin spikes then don't take any chances. Play it safe! US~

xenithon is offline Member
    thanks! that hit the nail on the head I am also carb sensitive, hence the hesitation to eat carbs late.

thanks for the info!

demetri is offline Member
    Your diet looks good to me. I don't see too much of a problem eating another 60 grams of carbs at 8 pm if they're low GI carbs. Something like brown rice.

Thread Information