chevy44 is offline Member

bulking diet......critique

i have recently started my 10 wk cycle of deca /test about two weeks ago. the first week on it i gained about 8 lbs. mostly due to my drastic change in diet, now i know that this shit takes about 3-4 weeks to start working, and i noticed that because the 8-10 lbs. igained was alot of fat. now heres the diet i was following, im really not sure what i was doing wrong, but its probably cuz im not used to eating right. so please critique and guide me 20 lbs of muscle
    5'9" 196
    morning -2 bowls of raisin bran, muffin
    between 8-10 3 peanut butter jelly sandwiches
    12 o'clock 1,000 calories- most of the time chicken and mashed potatoes, and corn
    1-2 workout
    2:30 protein shake 2 tuna sandwiches w/ a pickle and wheat bread(look forward to those)
    4:00 8 ounces of pasta w/ somekind of sauce
    after work
    8:00 as much food as possible, 2 steaks, potatoe, corn, salad
    now if u guys could help me w/ my diet, that would be great! my goals are to get to around 215 w/ not to much fat (i need to keep speed for foozball). i actually took the week off on my diet and just ate 3 times/day afraid that i wuold gain another 10 lbs of fat!

yellows2k is offline Member
    IMO, cutting and bulking is the same as far as the types of food u eat, just when bulk u eat more of it....oh yeah i'd also throw in plenty of steaks when bulking but thats it...

It looks like u arent getting enough protein and u arent getting the protein evenly distributed throughout the day...

i am thinking i should bump up the protein shakes to 3/day! but i woudl appreciate any more advice

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Re: bulking diet......critique

Originally posted by chevy44
    i have recently started my 10 wk cycle of deca /test about two weeks ago. the first week on it i gained about 8 lbs. mostly due to my drastic change in diet, now i know that this shit takes about 3-4 weeks to start working, and i noticed that because the 8-10 lbs. igained was alot of fat. now heres the diet i was following, im really not sure what i was doing wrong, but its probably cuz im not used to eating right. so please critique and guide me 20 lbs of muscle
    5'9" 196
    morning -2 bowls of raisin bran, muffin
    between 8-10 3 peanut butter jelly sandwiches
    12 o'clock 1,000 calories- most of the time chicken and mashed potatoes, and corn
    1-2 workout
    2:30 <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> shake 2 tuna sandwiches w/ a pickle and wheat bread(look forward to those)
    4:00 8 ounces of pasta w/ somekind of sauce
    after work
    8:00 as much food as possible, 2 steaks, potatoe, corn, salad
    now if u guys could help me w/ my diet, that would be great! my goals are to get to around 215 w/ not to much fat (i need to keep speed for foozball). i actually took the week off on my diet and just ate 3 times/day afraid that i wuold gain another 10 lbs of fat!
    well this is just my .02 but I could pick out a few things, hereyour breakfast has no protein, just fooking carbs?? then your next meal is 2 pp sands. So far you have ate nothing but carbs and sugars-- you really fuleing the body now,lol--OK let me get this straight?? you have 2 tuna sandwiches in your protein shake or a protein shake and the 2 tuna sands?? well IMO after you workout you should be having a post work out shake and not eating food then about a 1 hr later have that steak and pot meal, dump the pbj's and put the tuna sands up there. where and the heck is your flax oil??? so you have carbed up to much and your last meal at 8pm is a carboholic meal in itself. Your just storing the shit to be fat, no wonder why you are getting fatter and not controling it. Look how much carbs you consumed from the time you finished working out till bed time. Your on a over kill
    abstrack@protonmail.com

superjew is offline Associate Member
    Some people with fast metabolisms can do a clean bulk with that diet. If you're gaining too much fat than I'd change it up. I eat really clean even when bulking. I just think it's better for your body all around, especially if you are on AAS. First off: Raisan bran is sugar city bro, and that muffin is too. Add the milk in and you are taking in a ton of sugary carbs and not too much protein. Next: I'd take the jelly out of those sandwiches for sure, that's pure sugar and is useless. I could go on and on about what I would change, but I'm a big clean diet guy. Check out the thread that MikeXXL has up about his lean bulk diet.

i looked on mikexxl's diet but he has ALOT of eggs in his diet and i cant eat eggs (make mesick). but basically i should lower the carbs and sugar and up the protein and not have such a big dinner that is gonna sit while i sleep?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is alot of things you should do besides upping the protein. Mix the egg whites in with a shake could be a opt for you. Get rid of the milk because of the lactose. Dump the crappy breakfast meals you are doing. 2 bowls of cereal and a muffin is a shitty way to start you day!! The the PbJ's are a jizoke for a meal. Your big dinner should be a hour past your post work out shajke and should have the carbs and high protein. Then if your going to have something more at 8pm opt for a protein shake with a 50/50 whey-casein mix. What is it in the eggs that makes you sick????The whites or the yokes?? Also dump the corn it is high gl. You already have your mashed pots, if you want a veggi- opt for some brocc., asparagus, beans, cabbage, etc...
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information