Billmister is offline Member

Unhappy how does my diet look so far?

Morning-5 egg whites, 1 whole egg
    half a cup of oatmeal heated in water with one pack of sweet n low and a banana cut in peaces.

2.5 hours later - one chicken breast cooked on the forman grill and one sweet potato.

2.5 hours later - one can of tuna with one spoon of PB

2.5 hours later - one chicken breast with half a potato.

2.5 hours later(2 hourse before my workout) - Protien shake 40g protien 5 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fat, 0 sugar(this is what the protien shake has)

post workout - Mass Shake (48g protien, 105g carbs, 2 grams of sugar) and one tablespoon of flax oil

Before i sleep - one egg white in one peice of bread.

Now the reason i'm trying to keep my carb up a little is because i'm notacing i'm loosing quit a bit of weight. I am complaining. My abs are comming out, specially the bottom part. the skin of the sides on my abs is getting really thin. I just started this medium high carb diet like this week. I was doing less carbs, maybe that's why i was loosing sooo much weight. well anyway does this look good to maintain muscle mass and loose fat? the reason i was with my medium low carb diet was i was loosing to much. With a shirt on i looked like i have been lifting for like 1 year. right now i'm at 154lb. i don't want to go lower then 150... i want to keep gaining muscle.

In my workout i'm doing 3 sets of high reps.
    1 set =10 reps
    2nd set =13 reps
    3rd set =15 or 16 reps. with medium high weights. enough for me to really really really push my self hard to finish up my set. i maintain one weight.

Cardio i do 4 days a week. I run for 20 minutes. 1 minute jogging fast, 1 minute high running.

Sorry for so long... just please let me know if i'm doing things good. I understand it takes a LEAST 4 WEEKS to see some type of improvement in a diet. so with this medium high carb will my weight go up a bit? or maintain? or does this look good or do i need more things thank you

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That seems pretty low cal...have you added them up to see what it comes out to? Also that's only 3 meals not counting shakes or the egg and bread before bed. You need at least 5-6 real food meals and then add in those shakes. Also before bed 1 egg white isn't much.....that's only 3g of protein. Now a 6-8 egg white omellete would be better.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    looks like you need to crunch some numbers first. What are your stats and goals? Based on what you have layed out though, I would redistribute the carbs a little more carefully. Try to keep the keep the majority of the carbs your consuming in your first meal, your PWO drink, and your PPWO meal when your body can utilize them better. Some other tips:
    1.) throw some veggies in there, there great to keep you filled throughout the day especially when your carb intake is low.
    2.) Drop the PB for flax oil or some other EFA's, eg. walnuts, cashews, virgin oil, etc.)
    3.) Shoot for at least 6 meals, as BT said.
    4.) AVOID any fats following your workout.
    5.) 1 egg white is not enough protein for your last meal, especially an hr after a workout. Try a can of tuna or some other lean source of protein.

Most importantly if you want to build muscle understand the importance of carbs. For your weight, I would say 150 grams is not nearly enough carbs. Just decide whether you want to bulk, maintain, or cut. Sounds as if you want to bulk and cut at the same time. Again choose one or the other and then adjust the carbs accordingly...US

can anyone give me some ideas? Well i read from a post that gaining quality muscle is half the battle of loosing fat. usualsuspect, i guess i would be in the maintain side. I do'nt want to loose that much weight, so maitaining my weight would be great while gaining muscle mass not bloat/fat. I'm in a possition where i'm ready to get a good diet on. I can controll myself to stay on a diet for a while. i just need someone to give me a example of one that might help me maintain my weight while gaining muscle mass. and that's half the battle of loosing fat. thank you

Take a look at MikeXXL's post up top....that'll give you a good idea of a diet to help with lean gains.

another question. Would adding creatine monohydrate to my diet be wise? Or not? I was thinking taking 10mg post workout. would that come in conflict with my diet?

10mg or 10Grams? Creatine won't hurt, it will add some water weight to ya but that's about it. When dieting I'll take creatine unless I'm trying to lose water weight than I'll give it up.

Thread Information